Silhouette Gibraltar August 2020

Presto2

Hi,

Have always wanted to sail on the Silhouette again, but the cruises she has done from the UK when we have our holidays have been to the Baltic (not really out thing). Have just discovered that she is in Gibraltar in August 2020 so am curious if there are rumours that she may be doing the Western Med for once.

:)

Two years ago we did a repo cruise on her from Amsterdam down to Rome that made stops in Belgium, Portugal, Spain, Gibrater, Sicily and then Rome. It was in early September after they finished their Baltic season so maybe in 2020 it will be in August.

Two years ago we did a repo cruise on her from Amsterdam down to Rome that made stops in Belgium, Portugal, Spain, Gibrater, Sicily and then Rome. It was in early September after they finished their Baltic season so maybe in 2020 it will be in August.

I think the date for her to be in Gibraltar is the 18th of August so quite early. Hope she isn't going back to the Amsterdam route though as Southampton makes more sense and is easier for us in the UK for obvious reasons.

Hi,

This Silhouette has Western med cruises from Southampton in Sep 18, Jul 19 and Sep 19. I would expect that similar itinerary will happen in 2020 but August is a bit earlier than usual. The Eclipse had similar itineraries when based in Southampton.

Can't believe that we are thinking 2020, but we loved our cruises on Silhouette and have a soft spot for her :-) Will be interesting to see what she is doing. Have tried to check other ports she may visit but none seem to be as organised as Gibraltar and have no info yet !

I think the date for her to be in Gibraltar is the 18th of August so quite early. Hope she isn't going back to the Amsterdam route though as Southampton makes more sense and is easier for us in the UK for obvious reasons.

I'm seeing 4th August 2020 on this site

and 14 days later on the 18th August 2020

http://www.gibraltarborder.gi/cruise-schedule

This might indicate 2 consecutive 14 day med cruises

Can't see anything for Celebrity after that.

I'm seeing 4th August 2020 on this site

and 14 days later on the 18th August 2020

http://www.gibraltarborder.gi/cruise-schedule

This might indicate 2 consecutive 14 day med cruises

Can't see anything for Celebrity after that.

Thanks for that - didn't see the one for the 4th on my link. I think I was surprised to see her there at all as I was looking for another ship !

• 1 month later...
Hi,

Have always wanted to sail on the Silhouette again, but the cruises she has done from the UK when we have our holidays have been to the Baltic (not really out thing). Have just discovered that she is in Gibraltar in August 2020 so am curious if there are rumours that she may be doing the Western Med for once.

:)

Follow up. Celebrity Have announced the new Celebrity Apex as well as the Silhouette will be based in Southampton from Apr 2020. Schedules will not be released until Nov 28.

As the Silhouette will be in Gibraltar in Aug 2020, this hints at the possibly extra cruises from Southampton to the Med

I remember cruising on

Silhouette Amsterdam to Rome. We were in Gibraltar on Sept 10, 2016. We will be cruising to Gibraltar on our next cruise Eclipse Barcelona to Barcelona Oct 29, 2018.

I was thinking about doing a cruise like this or too New Zealand/Australia.What is the protocol for visa's? Do we need them for each country and much do they cost ? We haven't done cruise's like this before ,only Caribbean one's!

Are you an American citizen? If so just an under $20 visa for Australia that can be obtained online in 5 mins.