Nespresso

Weiland

Hi everyone, through our many cruises we have always noticed that on board coffee is either a hit or a huge miss lol I was wondering if anyone knows if we can bring one of those small nespresso machines on board for cabin use?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just a guess b/c I'm too lazy to look on the X FAQ's and "what can I take on board etc". I'd guess NO and that there's a decent chance they may confiscate it IF they see it. The wording is something about if the item "generates heat".

A few years ago they went to Lavazza coffee in the dining room and buffet (probably room service too). That's decent. If I can't find my coffee of choice at the store I'll buy Lavazza.

Also if you have a beverage package at all, you can get all sorts of very good coffee at Cafe al Bacio included in your package.

At home I have both a Nespresso and Keurig and I find the X coffee even in the buffet just fine. FABULOUS? NO. Fine. Yup.

OK I HAD TO FIND IT:

what not to bring:

• **Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, & Hot Plates

That's a hell of a piece of kit to transport around the world for a cup of very average coffee. Lavazzo coffee is available 24/7 in the buffet and espresso type coffee is available in Café Al Bacio.

You are going on a relaxing holiday, experiment a bit, take a chance, be daring and leave your coffee machine at home

I use Lavazzo Expresso and enjoy it at home. With X moving to use Lava, I find it just fine. We use el Bacio with the expresso coffees every day. Love it. I’d keep your machine at home and chance it.

Den

If you really need your own coffee, you can bring a French press and ask for steaming hot water.

That wouldn’t be a good substitute for me. If caffettiere coffee was the same as Nespresso coffee, nobody would ever buy a Nespresso machine. I love my Nespresso espressos and cappuccinos, but I don’t like caffettiere coffee at all. On a ship, I just resign myself to indifferent coffee.