10 Drink Card

angiei812

Good morning, we went on a Carnival cruise to Canada about 2 or 3 years ago (on the Sunshine). We did the Cheers package and struggled to get our money's worth. Now, honestly that was in October and going to Canada is not the hot blazing sun, sitting around the pool type of trip.

Anyway, while on the cruise, they offered a 10 Drink Card. I don't remember the cost but we felt it was a good idea and wished we knew about it, and that would have suited us much better. Has anyone ever heard of this? I've been trying to search for more information but can't find anything on it.

Maybe it was offered because it was late October and it was not a crazy drinking crowd, so they were trying to drum up some business.

Thanks!!!

Good morning, we went on a Carnival cruise to Canada about 2 or 3 years ago (on the Sunshine). We did the Cheers package and struggled to get our money's worth. Now, honestly that was in October and going to Canada is not the hot blazing sun, sitting around the pool type of trip.

Anyway, while on the cruise, they offered a 10 Drink Card. I don't remember the cost but we felt it was a good idea and wished we knew about it, and that would have suited us much better. Has anyone ever heard of this? I've been trying to search for more information but can't find anything on it.

Maybe it was offered because it was late October and it was not a crazy drinking crowd, so they were trying to drum up some business.

Thanks!!!

Perhaps it was on a different cruise line. I have never heard of Carnival offering this on any of their ships, and the last Alaska cruise of the season is usually early in September.

I was on the Empress of the Seas in February and they offered the drink card. It was a 5 night cruise and I think they offered it on the second to last day or the last day, I don't remember. We ended up not getting it after calculating the cost. Can't remember how much it was. Sorry this isn't that helpful, but RC has in fact offered it recently.

Up until Cheers and cruise cash started to be offered fleet wide you used to be able to pre-purchase drink coupons/tickets. A strip of 5 used to be about $26 and you would use a coupon to get $5.75 off your bar order. The great thing on this, beyond the about $0.45 per ticket savings was the auto-grat was calculated only on the overage.

The specialty coffee places on the Carnival ships we’ve been on have some kind of a punch card for purchases. We have never filled up a card but think it was like buy 10 get one free. Could that have been the card they were talking about?