Thalassotherapy Pool on Galaxy

SanFranBayCruiser

Cathy,

Isn't Frederick wonderful? I have lived in Frederick for 14 years (since I was 7 years old), and we have seen it change in so many ways, but stay the same in others. One thing that I love about Frederick is the unique, timeless downtown area. I love just going to the library and walking around all the little shops. Plus, there is still countryside and suburban areas in Frederick, so you can really "get away from it all" as well. We like going up to Cunningham Falls Manor Area and taking hikes there also.

Canderson,

Thanks for your input! I totally understand what you mean. I can see some people who would hate something like the t-pool, and others who would relish it. My father and brother, for example, would never be able to just sit there and relax. My mother and I, however, love spas and relaxing. Thank goodness there are things for all types of people on cruises. Maybe that is why we love them so much?

Suz,

Wow, that makes the t-pool on the cruise seem like such a good deal. One more reason to try it out.

btw, does anyone know what kinds of organized activities celebrity cruises have on board? Bingo nights, for example? Or games?

~Libby :)

I was surprised to learn I am not the only huge fan of the T pools on Galaxy & Mercury. Wish a local spa could have the same type of pool--I would be there everyday. It is not only a cure for stress but helps with arthritis etc. Let's not let the secret out to everyone.......it is still a place of quiet well worth the price.

Previously, I have been given complimentary use of the T-pool either just before or after a spa treatment.

On the Galaxy 2005 Christmas cruise my husband surprised me with a lovely massage certificate for the spa and I was all prepared to use the T-pool before the massage. I was told at the spa desk that I was not allowed to use the T-pool unless I paid the $20 fee or purchased a package. The receptionist had never heard of being allowed to use the pool in conjunction with the spa.

I was disappointed, but we were so busy this trip that I did not choose to purchase the pass. Maybe next time....

We're probably going to go on Galaxy for the Holiday sailing in 2006 and most of the family on both sides will be joining us. I know there is a charge on Galaxy for the Thalassotherapy Pool, can anyone tell me the price for an 11 night cruise to use the pool?

sorry but i did not read all the posts, too much non-info provided. just got off the galaxy's 11 night New Years cruise, the T-pool cost $120 per peson for the entire cruise and they are limiting the number of cruise passes to 50.

Does anyone know what hours the T-pool is open on the Galaxy? I'm an early riser and I can't imagine a better way to start my day!
Perhaps not early enough:p It was open on Galaxy from 8:00am to 11:00pm. Caution: may tend to induce drowsiness!

Perhaps not early enough:p It was open on Galaxy from 8:00am to 11:00pm. Caution: may tend to induce drowsiness!

at least one night during the cruise they will close the t-pool at 6:00pm for maintenance. both in april and this past cruise it was on a formal night.

It is not free to concierge class.

Do you have to show your sea pass to get in if you are in a suite?

Is there a hair dryer?

Is it the same on Century?

Very interesting about the limit of selling 50 passes per cruise. That sure keeps the congestion down!

the therapist I used on Summit recommended I get in the T pool about 20 minutes before a massage to help relax and get a better benefit for the massage.

a) It is not free to concierge class.

b) Do you have to show your sea pass to get in if you are in a suite?

c) Is there a hair dryer?

d) Is it the same on Century?

Very interesting about the limit of selling 50 passes per cruise. That sure keeps the congestion down!

the therapist I used on Summit recommended I get in the T pool about 20 minutes before a massage to help relax and get a better benefit for the massage.

a) First item is correct. Free only for any level of suite.

b) Yes, if they're doing the job at the front desk, you'll still trade your card for a locker key if you've got a suite. If you don't hand it to them, you won't get a key. If they're getting it done, you won't get past them, either!

c) Yes, there is hair dryer in each locker room (ladies' information provided by my wife).

d) Probably, but I've been surprised by differences on Century (vs. Mercury and Galaxy) often enough that I'm getting gunshy about talking about it!

Hi Libby, Well I did book this cruise but we have decided that we're going to go to Alaska in July of 2007 and doing both would stretch us a bit.

I did love Frederick and have seen it change dramatically over the years. A good friend has a shop called The Grapevine. Are you familiar with it? I was in many productions with the Fredericktowne Players at the Weinberg Center for the Arts. It was a great group and I have lots of fun memories. Loved doing that. I live in Florida during the school year and head to Lancaster, PA for the summers. I have brothers in Myerville and one that lives pretty close to Cunningham Falls.

If we have an outstanding year we'll look at this again as it gets closer, that's what we did this past cruise, did not book until September. How did you book airfare?

Have a wonderful trip, who knows we might see you yet:) Cathy

Just got back from the New Year's 11 night cruise on Galaxy. In addition to the info posted before me: the last 2 days of the cruise the price went down to $20 for the last two days...I figured that it was good time to enjoy the pool and I was right - most of the time there was no one in and I had the whole place virtually to myself.

Beware that the staff is really pushing the $120 passes at the start of the cruise - they did not even mention the $20 per day option.

Have fun!

Hi Cathy!

The Grapevine sounds familiar, but I am not sure if I have ever been there or not. We love the Weinberg too. We like to go and watch the Nutcracker there. It is just so classic and has all of its original features still, which makes it all the more enjoyable.

Maybe we will see you on a future cruise, who knows? Wow, Alaska sounds like tons of fun though :) That will be exciting for you!

~Libby

Hey Libby, University of Maryland? We're still deciding, Brilliance of the Seas looks good to, but lots of down time, 5 days at sea out of 11, I can't play that much bingo.............so who knows we might meet yet...I like the Galaxy intinerary a lot!

Anyone have an opinion:rolleyes: Islandersx4

• 2 months later...

Greetings. Will be on Galaxy for 5/22 E. Med sailing.

Can one reserve the T-pool passes on-line prior to sailing (I cannot discover this option on the Spa Treatments page on Celebrity's website) or is the only option to purchase once on board?

thanks.

Archived