Your Time Dining and formal night

MWBearFan

We'll be on a 4 night Bahamas cruise on the Victory from Miami visiting Half Moon Cay, and Nassau. We originally picked late dining but changed it to your time dining. My wife was wondering how that works with formal night. Is there an ideal time we'd want to be at the MDR to get the most out of the formal night experience. I'm assuming on our cruise will only have one formal night.

Not Really, the waiters do their little show around 6:15 I think, but formal night in general is rather downgraded from what it once was. There will only be one on a 4 day cruise and no lobster unfortunately.

I have found that the "show" from the waiters is around 7 pm. It is no formal anymore, but has been changed to "elegant" which is modern for "pretty much anything goes." You will see people in jeans which is contrary to the dress code, as well as baseball hats. There really isn't anything much special about elegant night other than a tablecloth and giant silver shell or other nautical decoration will appear on the table. Just go whenever the mood strikes as you won't really be missing anything.

The old Formal Night is now "Cruise Elegant" which is much more relaxed than the old days.... especially now that airlines charge for baggage.

There are alot of threads where folks discuss what they wear on Cruise Elegant nights - at least one new thread a week LOL