:Free" drink package on Epic

Soupergirl

OK, so I know you pay an 18% tip for your "free" drinks, but what about the drinks in the fridge?

Is there an additional charge for those?

It is 20% and no, the minibar is excluded. As most of us have it emptied and they store the stuff in a pillow case under the sofa, not sure I would want to try that stuff anyway.

OK, so I know you pay an 18% tip for your "free" drinks, but what about the drinks in the fridge?

its 20% charge and mini bar items are regular priced and at your own expense.

You will also get charge 20% for consuming anything in he mini bar. although not sure why they charge 20% for mini bar items when no one is making you the drink or serving you the drink :confused:

It's probably a "service charge" for them having to re-stock the items. :')

Shouldn't that be part of the daily service charge and not a bar service charge since the stateroom steward is stocking the fridge and not a bartender? Or who actually stocks the minibar? :confused:

Shouldn't that be part of the daily service charge and not a bar service charge since the stateroom steward is stocking the fridge and not a bartender? Or who actually stocks the minibar? :confused:

Perhaps it should be but it isn't.

You don't pay 20% on your free drinks (18% if you booked your reservation in the past). You pay 18 or 20% on the daily $89 value of the UBP. You will not have to mess with a receipt at the bar nor feel any pressure to leave additional tip under the UBP and your service charge is set at $17.80 per day (20%) no matter how much you drink.

I'm not sure why anyone thinks the package is totally free. It used to be called the ultimate beverage package, and now is the unlimited open bar package. Nether mentions free.

Now to the question asked. The items in the mini-fridge are NOT included in any package, you are charged for all of those items.