RSS Included excursions

U&R from CH

I am not an experienced ‘cruiser’ by any means and only have a couple (with another ‘luxury’ company) under my belt .... all my sea time has been at the business end of things.

I am looking for another luxury cruise for 2020 and a couple from Regent feature on my short list because of specific ports of call, but from reading this and other threads it appears to me that if you are in a sub-concierge suite then the chances of getting the included excursion of your choice could be quite limited? Is this correct? If so then to me that is a deal breaker. Yes I agree that something might turn up once on board but ......

Sent from the magic box!

Being in a “sub-concierge” suite probably does limit your chances of getting all of the included excursions you want. However, there’s a lot of anecdotal evidence that if you waitlist your preferred excursions you are very likely to clear the waitlist, often before you even get on the ship.

I have chosen to book Concierge to avoid that uncertainty but after our next cruise we will be silver and will be looking sub-concierge in future cruise planning.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Excursions that become full have a wait-list. It does not matter what suite category you are in - what does matter is where you are on the waiting list. Bottom line is that Regent does not "clear" waitlisted excursions based on anything except the wait list and the odds are quite good that you will get the excursions that you wish.

We have encountered several sold out excursions that also have closed waitlists. I periodically check the website. One actually was no longer showing sold out and it was possible to book. Hopefully the other three excursions with closed waitlists will have the same thing happen.

We have encountered several sold out excursions that also have closed waitlists. I periodically check the website. One actually was no longer showing sold out and it was possible to book. Hopefully the other three excursions with closed waitlists will have the same thing happen.

Hopefully the three will clear. People underestimate how many passengers cancel excursions once they are onboard and have a couple of very busy full days on excursions. There are also people that just fail to show up (pretty rude in my opinion but it is what it is). If you do not clear the waitlist (or get onto the waitlist), you can go to the theater about a half an hour before the designated meeting time (Destination can tell you the meeting time) and get on a handwritten list. After everyone shows up, they call people from the waitlist. While you may not get the best seat on the bus, at least you get to join the excursion.

I am not an experienced ‘cruiser’ by any means and only have a couple (with another ‘luxury’ company) under my belt .... all my sea time has been at the business end of things.

I am looking for another luxury cruise for 2020 and a couple from Regent feature on my short list because of specific ports of call, but from reading this and other threads it appears to me that if you are in a sub-concierge suite then the chances of getting the included excursion of your choice could be quite limited? Is this correct? If so then to me that is a deal breaker. Yes I agree that something might turn up once on board but ......Sent from the magic box!

We are sub-concierge on our first cruise with Regent and due to the website playing up, I couldn't access the bookings until mid morning on the day they became available to book, and was unable to ring as it was a Sunday.

Once I could access the site properly, I was able to book all our desired tours except three.

On the Monday I rang and asked to be waitlisted and was told exactly where we were in list and that if there was another boat available for one tour and a few more asked to be waitlisted, Regent would look to add another boat.

A couple of weeks later, when checking something else, I saw this tour had lost waitlisted and now had a tick.

So hopeful about the other two, BUT one we particularly want to do and the question is, do I wait till onboard and risk not doing it, or should I book an independent tour.

The tour would be identical to Regents, same amount of people per boat [yes we like boat tours], same amount of time etc, but we would have to pay for the tour, plus transport to the pick up place.

Decisions decisions.