FTTF Success!

todurkin

I've never purchased, but finally caved for our upcoming May 2019 cruise. Our last cruise we spent WAY too much time waiting in lines at the service desk, waiting in hot, sweaty stairwells to board a tender, and lugged around our allowable soda and wine and carry-ons until our room was ready two hours after we boarded. Hopefully, we are going to pleased with FTTF for the money we spent on it.

This is the exact reason I purchased FTTF. I've never been on a cruise before & I plan to get on the ship as soon as they will let us, so I got it mainly for the early cabin access.

This is the exact reason I purchased FTTF. I've never been on a cruise before & I plan to get on the ship as soon as they will let us' date=' so I got it mainly for the early cabin access.[/quote']

We've always been able to board early without FTTF. We show up around 10 a.m. and are on the ship by 11 a.m. However, you can't always get in the rooms that early (I've never had to wait until 1 p.m.). My motivation for getting FTTF is to avoid the long lines for tendering (which can be brutal with the 2 hour wait times) and to avoid the long lines at customer service desk (also brutal and a big waste of vacation time).

We've always been able to board early without FTTF. We show up around 10 a.m. and are on the ship by 11 a.m. However, you can't always get in the rooms that early (I've never had to wait until 1 p.m.). My motivation for getting FTTF is to avoid the long lines for tendering (which can be brutal with the 2 hour wait times) and to avoid the long lines at customer service desk (also brutal and a big waste of vacation time).

According to your Sig, You haven't cruised on CCL since 2015. You don't think things have changed since then? Have you done the online checkin yet for your 2019 cruise? You'll find out you have to select a checkin time. That is new.

I booked it for my up coming cruise too. I like the idea of having my room ready earlier even thought I have seen people just opening up the fire doors their selfs and going into their cabins and not being told to leave.

For the ports that have changed to providing S&S cards at the cabins, this is no longer an issue. The room stewards do not put the room keys in the room mailbox until 1:30 PM, unless you have some kind of priority.

If you can’t get an early check in time, you will not be able to check in around 10:00, and be on the ship by 11:00. Things have changed—you HAVE to choose a check in time, and you will NOT be allowed to check in before that time. Sometimes the only times left are late times. I am looking forward to using my FTTF, arriving when I want, and checking right in and boarding when priority boarding starts. AND—and this is a biggie to me—priority room ready and dropping my carry on. This will be worth every penny to me. On my last cruise, I waited in a check in line an hour and a half!

We used to get FTTF but with the price increase forget it. With some planning we don’t need it.

As we speak we are sitting at the Kimpton Epic hotel in Miami relaxing and having a drink. At around 1:30pm we will head over to the port (eta 1:450pm) with no lines and be able to go right to our room. No need for FTTF.

I stalked the website about 20x a day waiting for it to show up for my March 2019 cruise. When it popped up one afternoon, I snagged it! So excited to try FTTF for the first time!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Been trying that for the last week or more, but it never pops up. No big deal if I don't get it. It is for a Pride cruise to bermuda in a couple weeks. No tendering there, so it would only be good to get on board early.

I just paid off my april cruise and am stalking the FTTF. Didn't use it last time and were on board by noon. Hubby wants it this time but we are driving down the morning of and not sure if we will need it. Either way going to try and get it if I can.

Been trying that for the last week or more, but it never pops up. No big deal if I don't get it. It is for a Pride cruise to bermuda in a couple weeks. No tendering there, so it would only be good to get on board early.

Hmmm——I have to wonder whether they are not even offering it for your cruise? I heard that there are some cruises that they don’t, especially when there are too many Platinum and Diamonds boarding. If it isn’t there stating “Sold Out”, I’d keep checking right up until your cruise, just in case it gets put in. Good luck, and happy sailing! I leave on that day for a road trip to the Adirondacks, after a much needed vacation after a summer of babysitting grandchildren! Lol! 🛳🏖🌴

Reading threads like this one keeps reinforcing my belief that Carnival’s price for FTTF is way too low. Personally I would not buy FTTF at the current prices, but as this site shows, there are a LOT of cruisers out there who can’t seem to cruise without it.

I can't say that applies to me, personally, since we have never had it before. Could have used it for one cruise when my Sciatica was acting up. Our next cruise to Bermuda will be the last we might be able to use it. After that, the next cruise we are going on should be Platinum, unless they make changes to the requirements between now and November.

It seems that anytime a thread opens about FTTF and someone is thrilled to have gotten it, the debate begins. LOL! I purchased FTTF the first time, when I was cruising with my young son, my mobility challenged dh and elderly parents. Trying to keep up with not only my things, but theirs, was going to be a challenge. Being able to be one of the first to board, go straight to the room, drop off the carryon's and then go to the Lido deck, was a HUGE benefit for me. My parents didn't have to stand a long time in the food lines and were able to unpack early. My mom would always stress until her suitcase arrived. Also, inevitably there is always a problem with charges, losing something or even a problem with S&S cards. NOT having to stand in the long GS's lines was well worth it as well. For me, FTTF is worth every penny spent.