Galveston RCL update and Carnival information

ssb

Never sailed out of Galveston, too many Texans. (I'm kidding ;p). We booked Liberty once but a last minute $4000 military discount has us jump ship to Radiance and Alaska. Need to try again as there are nice reasonable priced direct flights into and out of IAH from Seattle.
That's a huge military discount! Did you mean $400 instead of $4000?

I would like to know more about it since I'm retired military. Care to share info?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Forums mobile app

Yet Port Canaveral handle way more cruise passengers than Galveston. The fact is Galveston could take some lessons from Port Canaveral.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Galveston in last six months hired Chief Financial Officer and one of responsible for the growth of Port Canaveral . Think that is happening.

You gotta a guess how many rooms Galveston have presently?

You gotta remember Galveston is not in the business of building hotels.

Even wonder what happens to those rooms from Sunday night to Friday night and their staff.

At present 5,000 rooms.

Understood, but there seems to be lots of 2-night minimum hotels. I'm not going to pretend to know the slightest about Galveston hotels, but just from browsing, there weren't tons of options, compared to say, Fort Lauderdale.

Galveston in last six months hired Chief Financial Officer and one of responsible for the growth of Port Canaveral . Think that is happening.

Looking forward to it, so much money to be made for the island.

At present 5,000 rooms.

There are many hotels motels being built in Galveston , and on incoming roads and highways , and on the mainland .

And there are 2600 registered Vacation Rentals with multiple rooms . Therefore Vacations rentals have more total room availability than hotel motels . And there many unregistered illegal ones also on the island .

No more difficult to get to than Port Canaveral (actually the drive is 4 miles less to Galveston from Hobby than from MCO to Port Canaveral)

Galveston is significantly more difficult than Port Canaveral if you are flying in and trying to do a one-way rental car..

Galveston is significantly more difficult than Port Canaveral if you are flying in and trying to do a one-way rental car..

We are from Boston and have taken 2 cruises out of Galveston. we would be one of the first in line to sale Oasis out of Galveston during our spring break as the flight prices to Florida ports are outrageous. BUT - this comparison about car rentals is VERY true!!

We usually arrive in Galveston 2-3 nights before the cruise so we need a car, but it means that we end up renting for the entire 10 days and parking at the port because driving back to Houston to return it is nonsense and during our last visit there were still Uber limitations (which are not always practical anyway!).

I would love to see an Alamo open up in Galveston (including on Sunday!) so that folks could drop off or pick up a car surrounding their cruise!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a huge military discount! Did you mean $400 instead of $4000?

I would like to know more about it since I'm retired military. Care to share info?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Forums mobile app

$4092 to be precise. I was just just checking prices and it popped up. It was for Radiance August 19, 2016

27933136553_292b1c536b_b.jpg

Good news.

Although Galveston needs to expand their hotel offerings.

I only need one hotel in Galveston -- Hotel Galvez.

It's right across from the beach, has beach cruisers to use, a great spa with costs less than the cruise line, and a wonderful outdoor pool and hot tub. Staying there makes me feel I'm already on a cruise! http://www.hotelgalvez.com/

I only need one hotel in Galveston -- Hotel Galvez.

It's right across from the beach, has beach cruisers to use, a great spa with costs less than the cruise line, and a wonderful outdoor pool and hot tub. Staying there makes me feel I'm already on a cruise! http://www.hotelgalvez.com/

Thanks for the recommendation. That seems like a hotel I'd love, but does it always have a 2 night minimum on the weekends? The few weekends I checked had it.