Kids club

mgmigs

Cruised about a month ago. The camp worked out great. DS was in the 2-5 group. They had themes each night and did activities to match, crafts, dance parties, face painting, interactive games, free play, movies, special guests (dressed up in costumes), I know there was more but I can't remember. DS had a blast and loved every minute of it. Brought him for the kids dinner on lido most nights at 6pm so he could eat with his friends, so cute to see the kids eating and chatting with eachother each night.

So do I understand correctly if we drop him off with the kids club for dinner they will then take him back to camp and we can pick him up there after we eat?

He might really enjoy that. How late is the kids camp open in the evening?

So do I understand correctly if we drop him off with the kids club for dinner they will then take him back to camp and we can pick him up there after we eat?

He might really enjoy that. How late is the kids camp open in the evening?

Yes. You drop him on the Lido by 6 (they have a roped off area) where they eat kid friendly food. They will take him straight to camp and you can pick him up when done with your evening.

Camp (for the 11 and unders) runs 9-12 (parents pick up for lunch), 1-4 (ish) (sometimes with closures or alterations for Build-A-Bear etc), 6-7 (dinner on Lido) and 7-10 pm in the evenings - all at no charge. They also will offer Nightowls for a minimal fee and that can go as late as 1 am.

If camp opens at 7, I guess early dining is out of the question then? s

camps close at 5 through 7 Early dining is possible. We were outta there by 7:15 at the latest. then we took them to camp.

I would not base my dining time on the camp because suppose if your child doesnt like it in there

I agree that this is not ideal. I'm sure since the age for the kids club starts at 2, they can't have a group dedicated to just a few kids who are 2 and 3. But there is a huge difference in intrests and activities between a 2 year old and a 4 or 5 year old. My son is 5, and will probably not want to go to the kids club with the activities they have, while His 6 year old nephew gets to be in the older group with Playstations. He would much rather I'm sure be in with the older group of kids.

just letting you know-- playstation is such a small play in the camps.

The two camps are right next to each other.

The 6 year old can move down in camp (but would be very bored)

and depending on how far into age 5 your child up in age will they be moved up.

Thanks everyone for the tips. As I previously mentioned, cruising with someone under 12 is a whole new experience for me. This is a short 5 night cruise that is tying in with a Disney trip, so I appreciate knowing upfront what our options are so we don't miss anything available for him.

• 2 months later...
On 10/3/2018 at 3:53 AM, mgmigs said:

Cruised about a month ago. The camp worked out great. DS was in the 2-5 group. They had themes each night and did activities to match, crafts, dance parties, face painting, interactive games, free play, movies, special guests (dressed up in costumes), I know there was more but I can't remember. DS had a blast and loved every minute of it. Brought him for the kids dinner on lido most nights at 6pm so he could eat with his friends, so cute to see the kids eating and chatting with each other each night.

May I ask how check-in and drop-in works? For example, does the child need to be dropped off/picked up at the top of the hour or half-hour? Also, did you utilize the late night kids club option from 10:30p to 1am at all? If so, I was curious what activities are done during that time, such as quiet time activities (watching a movie, coloring, reading, etc.) or more active activities? Also, do you know by chance if the child is tired, will they let the child rest since it is so late? We like to attend the late night adult activities, such as love and marriage and quest game shows, but are not sure how our preschooler would do being up so late in the kids club since bedtime is usually 9pm. Just trying to figure out our options ahead of time. Thank you.