Recent Escape Bayamo Diners - feeback and info please!

BostonGal35

we've never done Ocean Blue on the away ships. considering Bayamo when we sail Escape this winter for somethign different.

i assume its still a $15-$18 upcharge if you have the SDP? Does this give you 1 appetizer, 1 main and any sides?

I assume all the fish is frozen vs fresh. Is it worth the charge on top of the charge for the SDP? We typically dont find the specialty dining meals to be any better than the MDRs. For example, the spaghetti and meatballs served in the MDR ist he same as the one in LaCucina. Will that also be the case with Bayamo? For example, is the Broiled Salmon the same as the salmon tehy serve in the MDR?

we've never done Ocean Blue on the away ships. considering Bayamo when we sail Escape this winter for somethign different.

i assume its still a $15-$18 upcharge if you have the SDP? Does this give you 1 appetizer, 1 main and any sides?

I assume all the fish is frozen vs fresh. Is it worth the charge on top of the charge for the SDP? We typically dont find the specialty dining meals to be any better than the MDRs. For example, the spaghetti and meatballs served in the MDR ist he same as the one in LaCucina. Will that also be the case with Bayamo? For example, is the Broiled Salmon the same as the salmon tehy serve in the MDR?

We were on the Escape in January and going again this November. Went to Bayamo with a group of 10. Overall, I wasn't impressed. It was okay and the only place to get Lobster on the ship. One of our guests had 3 main course servings of lobster. He was told at the begining there would be an extra charge but they never did. Everyone had multiple appy's and deserts with no extra charges. Service was good and we had a good time but wont be going back. Stick with Cagney's and The Bistro, rather spend the money in food republic.

Dave