What kind of things do you purchase from the fun shop, pre-cruise?

Joebucks

I stand corrected. You’re right Brian. I can’t upload the chart for some reason but it’s great for comparison. Looks like breakeven is 6 cocktails a day or 10 beers a day or 6 wines a day or 25 sodas a day( not all at together) will make your money back. But I will say you are paying a lot for convenience. Plus I left out that my husband is good for 2-3 at night and that’s probably not every night so it’s not worth it since both need to buy. So, for us...doesn’t work. But could be a great value for others! Find that chart! It’s really interesting!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I stand corrected. You’re right Brian. I can’t upload the chart for some reason but it’s great for comparison. Looks like breakeven is 6 cocktails a day or 10 beers a day or 6 wines a day or 25 sodas a day( not all at together) will make your money back. But I will say you are paying a lot for convenience. Plus I left out that my husband is good for 2-3 at night and that’s probably not every night so it’s not worth it since both need to buy. So, for us...doesn’t work. But could be a great value for others! Find that chart! It’s really interesting!

It’s all what works for you and what makes your cruise enjoyable and that’s all that matters honestly. Happy cruising to you guys!

I’m sure someone out there has priced out the cost per drink if buying bottle service and mixers and beers from the fun shop. I just purchased Cheers without giving this alternative much thought. Anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bottles sold are 1 liter and roughly $90-$110. Assuming a 1.5 ounce pour, you would get about 22 drinks with that. Roughly $5 a drink. This is actually quite similar to the prices at the bar. With a bottle, you control the pour, and aren't forced to drink at a certain pace.

This will be our 2 grandsons first cruise. We are ordering them a chocolate bon voyage cake, cookies, water tumblers and water for the room.

I found (locally) cute little containers with a lid that contain sorted candies inside them. I'll add those before they walk inside the cabin.

I hope the cake and goodies are in cabin when we arrive, but this is our first time back on Carnival in a very long time...not sure about a lot of things.

I do feel (with the exception of spirits) that Carnivals Fun Shop items are reasonably priced.

I just got a bottle of tequila (husband), water, diet coke and we will bring a 12 pk mt.dew (husband) and 2 bottles of wine (me)!I

I was going to "smuggle" tequila in a rum runner, but didn't want to chance it getting caught and having to pay high cost for individual drinks

WOOHOO 45 days!

I smuggle my liquor every time and its never been found. Pack in the very middle of your suitcase. We stick it in the pantleg of a pair of jeans.

:evilsmile::evilsmile::evilsmile:

I always order some type of flower arrangement. It really uplifts the room and looks nice! Over the years have also ordered the champagne, wine and on the rocks glasses. They are nice to use at home and remind us of great cruises. We've also ordered t-shirts and last year a pretty scarf with tropical colors.

Oatmeal raisin cookies,candy bars always. Sometimes decorations & cake. Also always cruise cash ��

Question with the Cruise Cash/Bar Cash... is there any benefit to buying this? It looks like it's the same amount of money as buying onboard the ship. Thank you!

We are 310 days out on our Alaska Cruise...we are buying bar cash, photo cash and cruise cash up until we sail. I just bought our 50$ cruise cash, anniversary cake and water today. Photo cash and bar cash next month. This is our 20th anniversary cruise so we are doing it up right!

I buy the sea salt chocolate caramels - love them! Sometimes the rum cakes too.

Same here on the chocolate caramels, but on my last cruise they were out of them and I got a huge runaround about getting my money back. I had to call Carnival when I got home and they gave me information to get a $25 OBC on my next cruise.

Other than the caramels I always get the 12 pack of water :)