Sample Dining Room Dinner Menu

Fresh from the Baker's Oven

Enjoy our selection of freshly baked breads

Starters

*Orange Carpaccio- Orange slices, red onion, watercress, feta cheese, and cumin mint yogurt

Shrimp cocktail Royal- Chilled shrimp served with Royal cocktail sauce

Escargots Bourguignonne- Baked snails in garlic-herb butter

Lobster bisque- Finished with cognac and whipped cream

*Oxtail Broth- Beefy broth and aged sherry, served with a crispy cheese twist

*Chilled golden pear- garnished with dried cranberries

Salad

*Caesar salad- crisp romaine lettuce, shaved parmesan, and herb croutons

Chef's Signature Entree

With inspiration and the finest ingredients, our chef has created a special entree for your dining pleasure this evening.

Filet of beef- Creamy whipped potatoes and crimini mushrooms, with green peppercorn sauce

Entrees

Truffled wild mushroom linguini alfredo- Linguini pasta folded in a creamy wild mushroom and white truffle sauce

*Golden sea bass- pan-seared filley, Spanish sofrito, black olive polenta, and fried capers

Roasted duck- with black currant sauce, red cabbage, and croquette potateos

Eggplant mozzarella tower- with chunky plum tomato sauce and balsamic glaze

Alternative Selections

Linguini with marinara sauce

*Broiled fillet of Norwegian salmon

*Grilled chicken breast with seasonal herbs

*Grilled black angus top sirloin with herb butter

*In keeping with today's increased nutritional awareness, our Royal Lifestyles dishes reflect light, healthier fare

Sweet Temptations

Your waiter will present you with our menu of specially selected desserts

Erin - I have been following your posts recently. Lots of good information. What book are you referring to? Our friend's adult children & spouses will be cruising for the 1st time this year. They said that they don't want to eat in the Dining Room. I'll show them the menus that you posted so they can get a better idea what the menus are like.

Gail

Our friend's adult children & spouses will be cruising for the 1st time this year. They said that they don't want to eat in the Dining Room. I'll show them the menus that you posted so they can get a better idea what the menus are like.

Gail

Whenever I've cruised, with either my boyfriend or my daughter, I've only had one requirement: We have dinner every night in the main dining room. Never had any argument about this, as the main dining room's the best place to be for dinner! :)

anankae - I agree with you that it's nice to sit with family or friends at dinner to talk about what eveyone did that day & what they'll be doing the next day. I have a hunch that they might not want to change clothes for dinner. I told our friend's that their kids should go at least one time to dinner to see what it's like.

We will go to the buffet 1 or 2 nights either because we don't like the dinner menu or don't feel like changing our clothes.

Gail

Erin - I have been following your posts recently. Lots of good information. What book are you referring to? Our friend's adult children & spouses will be cruising for the 1st time this year. They said that they don't want to eat in the Dining Room. I'll show them the menus that you posted so they can get a better idea what the menus are like.

Gail

It's actually this year's TA book. Shhhhh! :)

Gail

Thanks. It's actually from this year's TA book. Shhhhh! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Menu question:

Does the menu change for different nights (i.e. formal night, casual night, etc.) or does it pretty much remain the same throughout the cruise?

DW and I are not big fans of getting all dressed up just to go eat dinner (especially on vacation), so we were thinking of skipping the formal nights in the main dining room. Would the same menu be offered on other nights?

We just got off the Vision on Sunday and this menu looks very familiar. :) The filet of beef was exceptional; I think everyone in our group of nine had it, and we all raved about it. We ate all dinners except for one in the dining room (Puerto Vallarta was just too much fun to head back to the ship so early), and I would say the food on formal nights seemed a little more special. I was not looking forward to the dressing-up-for-dinner thing, either, but got out-voted by family; when I checked out the room service menus, it looked like some of the dining room choices were listed, but not all. Room service offered 3-4 entrees, and in the dining room, there were usually 4-5, plus the same number of "alternate selections" listed every night.

Archived