Air on your own or book with cruiseline

I'm a bit apprehensive on air shopping on my own so I go through booking with cruiseline (Air2Sea) because I feel like I'm somehow more "guaranteed" passage if the flight is late - not sure if this is true. Do they actually cover you if you book through them better than if you booked your own flights?

Book with Choice Air: If your flight is delayed or cancelled, Choice Air will work with the airlines to get you re-booked as soon as possible to get you to your original destination.

Book with airlines: If your flight is delayed or cancelled, the airline will work with their partners to get you re-booked as soon as possible to get you to your original destination.

The big difference is if the delay/cancellation is such that it causes you to miss the ship. In that case, the airline will still work to get you to your original destination; Choice Air will try to get you caught up with the ship at a new destination. To change destinations if booked with the airline you'd likely have to pay a change fee/fare difference, which may or may not be reimbursable by your travel insurance; it would depend on your specific policy. If you're flying in prior to the day of the cruise, it's not as big of a deal how you book, as either way you probably have time to get there.

RV from AZ, I booked our flights to Copenhagen via Air 2 Sea and my husband & I flew Economy for $817. the only thing I recommend is booking a Non Stop over connecting in Reykjavik. We had to be bused back & forth between the Terminal & plane and walk up a steep ramp, no Jet Ways. I booked us from So Calif to Boston then over. If I ever go again I will be sure and fly Non stop from an East Coast city. I was able to pick our seats

We usually book our own but one time we booked our flights with Royal Caribbean because the price was the same. Soooo glad we did because this was the time we were on Anthem of the Seas where it encountered that huge storm on Day 2, the ship was damaged and we had to turn back. When everyone else was scrambling to reschedule their flights to go back home, Royal Caribbean had automatically rescheduled our flights for us and had dropped off a letter with all the info in our stateroom. Didn't have to use the expensive roaming charges to call and be on the phone for hours with the airlines. On top of that, on Day 3, they had to delay our arrival to port, so again people had to reschedule for a 2nd time and incur rescheduling charges. This was a special scenario but it was nice to not have to worry about getting back home.

Wow that was great that they did that for you.

It's a shame they didn't do that for everybody.

We were on a Princess cruise that was shortened by 2 days (noro). We didn't buy our air through Princess but they had our air information from our check in paperwork and booked us new flights home on their dime.

They also let us use the phones for free and gave us all of our money back that we paid for that cruise and a percentage off another cruise.

Since we originally booked with Southwest were also able to get a credit for our cancelled flight to use for another flight.

Bill