NEW HORIZONS - Carnival Horizon 8 Day Review From New York

cjknox

Besides the slight diversion to Canada on your trip west, there are two other reasons why the trip west took longer than the trip east. Going west, most planes will get a head wind, slowing the plane and thus making the trip longer and coming east, most will get a tail wind, speeding up the plane and thus making the trip shorter.

Also, why did you feel it necessary to break the rules and enter through the closed doors to attempt to get to your cabin before you were supposed to @ 130?

Did you feel entitled because you were staying in a suite?

SNJ I appreciate you sharing the info about the east/west headwinds.

As for your comment highlighted in red, I'm not even going to justify that with a response. Silly question.

Thanks for reading the review.

Thanx for the review. We will be on the 9/3 sailing, hope things are working then. We live in the city and our glad to hear you enjoyed our wacky hometown.

Thanks for the review! We sail on the Horizon in a month and a half, I can’t wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I hope you both enjoy your cruises, Horizon is a wonderful ship!

Dear cjknox,

Thank you for the review!

On the $50.00 money back, they have to refund that. look at the total amount just under $250,000.00 for all the passengers paying that for the missed Port of Call.

A FYI, in Bermuda a Cruise line used to charge Passengers for how many Ports ( they have 3) of Call they went in to too. But the Govermnment only charges ONE Fee even if a ship visits all the 3 Ports.. So yes that AKA: Nickle and Dime line abused the passengers and Commerce Laws.

With your refund Carnival complied.:D:D

Thanks for the clarification, I guess I was a little murky on the details but I still think Carnival (and other cruise lines) could do better in these situations to make things a little "fairer".

Thanks for sharing!

SNJ I appreciate you sharing the info about the east/west headwinds.

As for your comment highlighted in red, I'm not even going to justify that with a response. Silly question.

Thanks for reading the review.

Not a silly question at all. You're just another card carrying member of the me generation. The rules simply do not apply to you in your opinion and that is why you circumvented them and illegally entered your cabin before you were supposed to. Just man up and have the guts to admit it. You're no better than those who smuggle liquor, smoke on their balconies, and are chair hogs.

Not a silly question at all. You're just another card carrying member of the me generation. The rules simply do not apply to you in your opinion and that is why you circumvented them and illegally entered your cabin before you were supposed to. Just man up and have the guts to admit it. You're no better than those who smuggle liquor, smoke on their balconies, and are chair hogs.

Ridiculous question. Ridiculous comment.

Common decency dictates that when you don't have anything constructive to say, don't say it at all.

If Carnival really wanted people out of the hallways they'd have locked the doors, and they wouldn't have put our key cards in our room mailbox when they did. How else did you think we got in the rooms?

You were not there, and I definitely don't need to justify my decisions or actions to you - a person I've never met and who has no meaning to my life or actions.

Ridiculous.

This conversation is done SNJ.

I was on the 7/31 Horizon sailing. Hope we didn’t break it for you guys!

As for the $50 OBC, since they were not obligated to give you anything for missing the port, I’d be more than happy with that! My guess is that since it was a ship problem (vs. weather or something like that) that’s why they gave everyone the OBC. Several years ago, we couldn’t dock at St Kitts due to currents and winds. All we got back were our port fees., which they have to return since we didn’t dock.

Glad you had fun and were anle to enjoy some of the East Coast’s humidity!

Ridiculous question. Ridiculous comment.

Common decency dictates that when you don't have anything constructive to say, don't say it at all.

If Carnival really wanted people out of the hallways they'd have locked the doors, and they wouldn't have put our key cards in our room mailbox when they did. How else did you think we got in the rooms?

You were not there, and I definitely don't need to justify my decisions or actions to you - a person I've never met and who has no meaning to my life or actions.

Ridiculous.

This conversation is done SNJ.

Elitism at it's best. The rules simply don't apply to you in your opinion. The only thing ridiculous is your behavior because you figured that if you dropped enough coinage on a suite, it would be alright to circumvent the rules.

And quit acting like a child by stating that the conversation is over. I just want you to come clean and type why you felt the need to break the rules. Very simple question.

I was on the 7/31 Horizon sailing. Hope we didn’t break it for you guys!

As for the $50 OBC, since they were not obligated to give you anything for missing the port, I’d be more than happy with that! My guess is that since it was a ship problem (vs. weather or something like that) that’s why they gave everyone the OBC. Several years ago, we couldn’t dock at St Kitts due to currents and winds. All we got back were our port fees., which they have to return since we didn’t dock.

Glad you had fun and were anle to enjoy some of the East Coast’s humidity!

Humidity a.k.a. the enemy of morning showers!:D

Nah, it’s the enemy of straight hair! Our local meteorologist pits up hair alerts when the humidity is really bad:')

Great review, thanks for posting! When we fly out to your coast for our cruises next April, we will also be flying first class. My tall beat up body wouldn't have it any other way! :D

@Howlonguntilmynextcruise

That's hilarious, I wish I had seen that on tv there haha!

@Jamman54

It's funny how once you do it you can't really go back; safe voyages!