Need help with transport LaGuardia to NY City pier - Carnival, Sept 5

Patee

We are flying into LaGuardia the morning of our cruise and need transportation to the Carnival pier. Would appreciate your suggestions on the best and most reasonable means to find our way there. We have never used Uber or Lyft but willing to give it a try (with some help and encouraging words ;))

We have lots of time (I think) as we arrive at 9:30 am. We are flying Air Canada, via Toronto.

Also, for our return flight how do we go about booking a return ride to the airport? Wait until we disembark or arrange ahead of time? We have lots of time as our return flight isn't until almost 5 Pm.

TIA for your help.

Arriving at LGA I would take a yellow taxi. For the return trip a car service (Dial 7 or Carmel) would be my preference.

Is there any particular reason a car service would be better than Uber/Lyft to get to the airport. Will be returning from a curise in a couple of weeks and want to make sure that I make the best choice since my flight is relatively early.

Is there any particular reason a car service would be better than Uber/Lyft to get to the airport. Will be returning from a curise in a couple of weeks and want to make sure that I make the best choice since my flight is relatively early.

Please provide the details of your arrival:

Date, ship, and time it arrives

Any special perks beyond ability to self disembark

Airport and flight time

All this information will affect the advice you get for NYC.

Is there any particular reason a car service would be better than Uber/Lyft to get to the airport. Will be returning from a curise in a couple of weeks ... since my flight is relatively early.

Uber/Lyft's estimated fares from Manhattan's cruise terminal to LGA is about the same as confirmed rates for Dial7 or Carmel, adjusted for applicable tolls - and not worrying about surge/congestion pricing.

As for early flight out of LGA, that's a bad idea by itself and maybe you didn't read about LGA's airport long-term construction work thru 2021-22, although it's been fairly smooth lately. Weekends are easier for the 30 to 45 minutes ride, weather & road conditions cooperating - next 2 months are busy for the Fall cruise ship schedule in NY, Expect extra wait time for getting into your ride outside the pier, across 12th Ave. is usually easier & faster, once you clear thru immigration/custom ... use porter services for the fast track, worth the extra tipping.

AC flies out of Terminal B at LGA and that is where they have special pickup instructions for Rideshare (Uber/Lyft).

Terminal B Car Services Pick-Up

Car Services, App-based Rides and Black Cars passenger pick-up area is located in Terminal B Parking Garage, Level 2. Follow signs on the departures level to the pick-up area and contact your car service/rideshare provider when you reach the pick-up area. Car service will pick-up from the Garage, Level 2, at all times.

We have found Dial 7 and Carmel before that to be reliable .... we stick with what worrks for us.

Please provide the details of your arrival:

Date, ship, and time it arrives

Any special perks beyond ability to self disembark

Airport and flight time

All this information will affect the advice you get for NYC.

We will be arriving 9/30 approximately 8:00am on the Norweigan Escape.

We are planning to do self disembark, we are also in The Havenso will have priority in getting off the ship. Our flight is scheduled from LGA at 11:55am (I know am really cutting it short)

We will be arriving 9/30 approximately 8:00am on the Norweigan Escape.

We are planning to do self disembark, we are also in The Havenso will have priority in getting off the ship. Our flight is scheduled from LGA at 11:55am (I know am really cutting it short)

The ship usually arrives well before 8 and disembarkation usually starts earlier than the schedule would suggest.

As a Haven passenger who will be doing self disembarkation you should easily make your flight, barring the ship arriving horribly late or some monster traffic jam getting to the airport. Sunday morning traffic in NY City usually isn't bad, absent some special event like the marathon or a visit from the Pope or President.

When we use a car or limo service we always reserve in advance because we know a car will be there in the area waiting to pick us up as soon as we notify the limo service dispatcher that we've disembarked. If you use Uber or Lyft, or use a car service without reserving in advance you can never be sure how long it will take to get a car to you.

We have a 12:55 out of LGA after leaving the Escape on a Sunday. Are we going to need to do self disembarkation? Rather not but would also like to be able to catch or plane!

Where would you meet your Dial 7 car after disembarkation? Thinking that might be the easiest and quickest way to airport.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have a 12:55 out of LGA after leaving the Escape on a Sunday. Are we going to need to do self disembarkation? Rather not but would also like to be able to catch or plane!

Where would you meet your Dial 7 car after disembarkation? Thinking that might be the easiest and quickest way to airport.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You should be fine, barring unusual circumstances such as a late arriving ship. Just select an early disembarkation time...you get to pick your own time and take the luggage tags corresponding to that time.

As a general rule you'll have to cross 12th Ave. and meet your car on the uptown bound side of 12th Ave or a nearby cross street such as W 48th.

The ship usually arrives well before 8 and disembarkation usually starts earlier than the schedule would suggest.

As a Haven passenger who will be doing self disembarkation you should easily make your flight, barring the ship arriving horribly late or some monster traffic jam getting to the airport. Sunday morning traffic in NY City usually isn't bad, absent some special event like the marathon or a visit from the Pope or President.

When we use a car or limo service we always reserve in advance because we know a car will be there in the area waiting to pick us up as soon as we notify the limo service dispatcher that we've disembarked. If you use Uber or Lyft, or use a car service without reserving in advance you can never be sure how long it will take to get a car to you.

Thank you so much for that information. We have used car service in the past so think that is the route we will go. Do you know if we can reserve our car for the return on the day that we sail?

Thank you so much for that information. We have used car service in the past so think that is the route we will go. Do you know if we can reserve our car for the return on the day that we sail?

You can reserve the return car on the day you sail...just call the car service before the ship departs.