Anthem balcony worth it on an 8 night in early February?

I know the weather is unpredictable, but for those that have done shorter winter cruises on Anthem, were you able to enjoy your balconies? The furthest south we'll get is the Bahamas. Im just thinking that if I cant really sit out on balcony much, wonder if it's better to get an inside. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

We have sailed out of Bayonne in the winter many times. A balcony will probably not be usable in February until the morning of day 3. The offset to that is the rates on Anthem for OV and balcony are usually very close.

Many times you will find free upgrades. Chances are you will go with the balcony based on price.

Enjoy

I know the weather is unpredictable, but for those that have done shorter winter cruises on Anthem, were you able to enjoy your balconies? The furthest south we'll get is the Bahamas. Im just thinking that if I cant really sit out on balcony much, wonder if it's better to get an inside. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

We sailed Anthem in February and used our balcony a lot, starting the afternoon of day 2. We were out there for sail away from Bayonne too, but needed coats on since it was really cold. I would go with the balcony, but I don't like insides, so we always go with at least a balcony. I need fresh air, no matter how cold it is.:)

Obstructed view balcony (never had one before?) is $200 total more and non obstructed is $400 more. Not a huge difference, but just wondering if it would be warm enough to spend time out there.

There's a good chance it would be warm enough to enjoy the balcony once you get down near the Bahamas. I've move to the balcony for $400.

Look closely at the deck 12 insides that are not all the way aft. I did a last minute cruise in Jan and tried one of these cabins. They are very "Square" as opposed to long and rectangular. Bathroom is rectangular with a larger shower on one end with a door. Bathroom does not protrude into the room. There is a nice virtual balcony and what seems like a lot of open space in the room.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/stateroom-details.php?ship=Anthem-of-the-Seas&cabin=12671

Part of the joy of sailing to the Bahamas during winter is coming home with a tan to make your friends jealous. Balcony cabin really helps soak up the sunshine.

Anthem usually offers balcony guarantees at cost just above inside and oceanview. Worth taking a shot. If you're not happy with cabin assignment you can ask to be switched to any other open cabin in your category. Worst balcony is still better than an inside.

We had a balcony on the Enchantment of the Seas the last week in February and it was absolutely beautiful. It is totally worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hank needs to go back on the couch and reread the OP. They're cruising from NJ in the middle of winter. Might be a tad chilly to be out on the balcony. :)

Obstructed view balcony (never had one before?) is $200 total more and non obstructed is $400 more. Not a huge difference, but just wondering if it would be warm enough to spend time out there.

The obstructed view balconies on deck 7 and 8 aren't really obstructed. See if you can get one of those!