Harmony Elevators

We got off the Harmony on August 11. We had a room by the forward elevators and never waited any length of time for the ride. Also would walk thru Central Park to get to the aft elevators to use Coastal Kitchen and again, never waited very long. Didn't find them crowded and we had a full ship.

Reading the reviews on the Harmony a common complaint are the elevators or lack of enough of them. Is it really that bad?

On Oasis and Allure, we found the forward elevators less busy.

When we were on Harmony last March (2017) the HOTS elevators were slow and strange...several times the doors didn't work either when trying to get on or a few times we were actually stuck and when inside the doors didn't open.....we started avoiding the ones we knew seemed to be having the most trouble. Many were complaining to staff...I'm sure that problem has been fixed. Once home I did post about it and others did as well...probably just a glitch.

Are they still testing that new system with the letter assignments above the doors?

Would also like to know! At the airport where I work they are upgrading all elevators to the parking garages to this system, where you select your floor when calling the elevator and here the system seems to help speed up service.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

On Harmony now. The wait time for the elevator basically depends on traffic (and location). Longer wait during peak times such as after shows and some meal times.

Shorter wait times early in the morning, evenings, and during times in port.

Even the longer waits are no more than a minute or two.

But hey, who's in a rush?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

On Harmony now. The wait time for the elevator basically depends on traffic (and location). Longer wait during peak times such as after shows and some meal times.

Shorter wait times early in the morning, evenings, and during times in port.

Even the longer waits are no more than a minute or two.

But hey, who's in a rush?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

I was on this same week and agree with this post. We often took the stairs because we choose to and sometimes because of the crowded elevators. One trick, if you want to go up, push down, get in, push deck level you want, and you can get in before others that are still waiting on the deck you started at when it goes back up based on my example.

No. Harmony is using the "conventional" system. As other have said we have found the forward elevators less busy on Oasis,Allure and Harmony (haven't sailed on Symphony).

Are they still testing that new system with the letter assignments above the doors?