Cancelling a cruise...

andie717

Indulge me for a moment.

We are thinking of booking a cruise in March of 2020 - an 8 day Southern on the Horizon. Booking so far out gives us the room options we want (Havana), however...booking so far out also means putting a deposit down for a vacation so far out! If I booked it under a past guest offer instead of Early Saver, it says that cancelling prior to 76 days the deposit is fully refundable. So if I book the vacation now, and cancel, I would get the $1000 deposit (4 people/2 rooms) back in the form I paid for it. Correct? The refund is NOT just money applicable to future cruises? I just want to be sure I am reading/understanding this correctly. I don't foresee any reason we would NOT want to go/be able to go, but it is just a long ways away!!

Thanks for any help!

Yes, if it's truly the Past Guest rate, the deposit is fully refundable outside of the cancellation penalty phase. Be careful, though, because I have seen rates with "Pate Guest" in the name, which weren't the true Past Guest rate. For example, they had a Past Guest Early Saver rate, which had the same cancellation terms as the regular Early Saver rate.

Indulge me for a moment.

We are thinking of booking a cruise in March of 2020 - an 8 day Southern on the Horizon. Booking so far out gives us the room options we want (Havana), however...booking so far out also means putting a deposit down for a vacation so far out! If I booked it under a past guest offer instead of Early Saver, it says that cancelling prior to 76 days the deposit is fully refundable. So if I book the vacation now, and cancel, I would get the $1000 deposit (4 people/2 rooms) back in the form I paid for it. Correct? The refund is NOT just money applicable to future cruises? I just want to be sure I am reading/understanding this correctly. I don't foresee any reason we would NOT want to go/be able to go, but it is just a long ways away!!

Thanks for any help!

I have cancelled a Past Guest rate cruise, got all my deposit back within a week.