Looking for Royal Palm Beach Club Review/Feedback

njgirl

If you are looking for a beach, with chairs, umbrellas, maybe a beach cabana, full bar, varied menu, changing area, showers, washrooms, adult-only pool, then it's your only choice for Grand Cayman. Your only other option on Seven Mile Beach is Calico Jack's, which is a picnic tables in the sand type of place with showers, full bar and bar food.

The only down side is that when there are quite a few ships in, it can get crowded.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi. I had the beach cabana booked last year and canceled since it looked from the pictures I really wouldn't have a

good view of the water, is that correct? I'm leaving my family and home and traveling with my 73 year old mom so just want a nice place to sit and relax. Is it very crowded? I am also looking at options on a day pass at a hotel, which may be a bit more relaxing but hoping can find some feedback too.

Thanks.

You can just show up, or you can make reservations ahead of time. If your needs as far as a cabana are specific, then booking ahead would be best, as if you just show up you may find they are all booked.

Day passes at hotels, especially in the high season are very rare and often not available at all, as the hotels are fully-booked.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/4/2018 at 9:53 AM, js said:

Hi. I had the beach cabana booked last year and canceled since it looked from the pictures I really wouldn't have a

good view of the water, is that correct? I'm leaving my family and home and traveling with my 73 year old mom so just want a nice place to sit and relax. Is it very crowded? I am also looking at options on a day pass at a hotel, which may be a bit more relaxing but hoping can find some feedback too.

Thanks.

This was our view of the water from our cabana a few months ago. We felt it was well worth it.

41311371395_54659f4ea5_b.jpg

19 hours ago, cadien said:

This was our view of the water from our cabana a few months ago. We felt it was well worth it.

41311371395_54659f4ea5_b.jpg

Thank you very much for this information. I appreciate it. We booked the cabana. Do you by chance remember the number of your cabana?  Were you able to choose once you got there? I ask since it looks like you were next to a "walkway" to the beach so that is the reason you can see the water, otherwise, there would just be a bunch of people sitting/standing in front/side of you. Is that correct?

Thank you so much again. 

I don't remember the cabana number. That isn't an official walkway in front of us, although there was one just to the left of the photo.

We also got lucky in that most of the day we were the only cruise ship in town, so there were never very many people at the resort.

I've marked up a photo I found online. The two clusters circled in red are the cabanas. The one circled in blue was ours.

cabana.jpg

Edited by cadien

On 10/27/2018 at 6:16 PM, BirmanCrazy said:

Bring watershoes!  The entrance into the water is difficult to get in and out off....LOTS of rocks and you tend to sink in the sand easily.  Otherwise, very nice!

Are you talking about the beach at Royal Palms?  I'm guessing you may be posting about another place?  I have been to Royal Palms and other places along 7 Mile Beach many times and except for an occasional piece of old coral, the beach is totally sandy.  No watershoes necessary.

Look at the pictures above, it's quite the sandy shore.

Edited by evandbob