Children in Different Stateroom

buckeyefrank

Hello there. I read in Carnival's FAQ section about this question and think I know what the answer will be, however; I want to run it by some veteran Carnival cruisers. We have cruised 4 times on Carnival but has been a while.

We will be going in September of next year and there will be 5 of us. My wife and I will be in one room. My 22 yo daughter, 17 yo son and his 18 yo friend will be in another room. The way Carnival's policy is written, it seems a little vague to me. I know they can have a separate room but do we need to get cabins within 3 doors of each other since DD will only be 22, not 25?

Thanks very much.

Where minor guests can be booked in relation to relative or guardian:

• Guests 12 and younger
    If the relative or guardian insists on booking separate staterooms, minors must either be directly across the hall or next door. Guests 12 and under may not be assigned to a balcony stateroom without a relative or guardian (25 years of age or older).
  • Guests 13 - 17 years of age
    Can be separated by up to 3 staterooms from a relative or guardian (25 years of age or older).
  • Guests 18 – 20 years of age
    Do not have any restrictions and may book whatever location they prefer.

Going by that last statement, it looks like because your daughter can be in any cabin, the other two should be able to be with her. Your best bet would be to call Carnival. That's one of those fine line questions.

Due to the fact that your son will be 17 the following applies "Guests 13 - 17 years of age:Can be separated by up to 3 staterooms from a relative or guardian (25 years of age or older)."

Therefore the answer to your question is you will have to get two cabins that can not be separated by more than 3 staterooms. I would choose across the hall (for "noise" reasons ;)).

Just sailed last week on the Horizon with a 22 and 17 year old in an inside cabin across from my wife and I in a balcony cabin. When booking, they did put me on hold to confirm and approve the 3 room max gap.

Thanks everyone. I was assuming we needed to be close together but just wanted to make sure. My wife and I will be getting the drink package but my daughter will not be. Otherwise I could book myself into the other room and switch later.

Thank you

Hello there. I read in Carnival's FAQ section about this question and think I know what the answer will be, however; I want to run it by some veteran Carnival cruisers. We have cruised 4 times on Carnival but has been a while.

We will be going in September of next year and there will be 5 of us. My wife and I will be in one room. My 22 yo daughter, 17 yo son and his 18 yo friend will be in another room. The way Carnival's policy is written, it seems a little vague to me. I know they can have a separate room but do we need to get cabins within 3 doors of each other since DD will only be 22, not 25?

Thanks very much.

We travel with five all the time. If always split the bookings y wife on one and me on the other room. Once on board you can get a key for the other stateroom at the customer service desk.

We travel with five all the time. If always split the bookings y wife on one and me on the other room. Once on board you can get a key for the other stateroom at the customer service desk.

With the OP's family, splitting adults would require the 22 yr get the Cheers package, also.