Pros and Cons of a Christmas Cruise?

GACrusin

Thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts and experiences! I think we're going to give it a try. We're pretty laid back cruisers and don't spend a great amount of time hanging out on the pool deck. It's good to know and be prepared that there will be increased numbers of kids and teens, but will try to stay out of their way! (Wondering how significant this is on Celebrity as in general there are not usually as many kids) We enjoy time in the shady areas further away from the pool or at the Sunset Bar! We usually travel to family out of state for Christmas, and share gifts, but have wanted for years to take a trip together and let the travel and time together be the gift! Even with the increased price of a holiday cruise, it's cheaper than traveling to and spending the week on St. John. Now to decide what type of cabins. Have cruised Concierge and Aqua on Celebrity. The goal is to book in the next couple of days!!

Our family of three DH, DW and DD(13) took our first Christmas cruise on Celebrity last year and we thoroughly enjoyed it. We already booked this year on the Reflection which is a great ship. Last year was on the Silhouette western Caribbean. We were in Key West on Christmas day and there were plenty of businesses open. The ship was decorated very nicely and it felt festive enough for us. There were plenty of families on the cruise but no kids were running wild and unsupervised! The weather was perfect and in usual Celebrity style, nice and laid back.

Pros- Everything!

Cons- Nothing!

[emoji5] Can you tell how much I love Christmas cruises??

In all seriousness, really the only downsides I can drum up are the higher prices, crowded feel of the ship being overcapacity due to so many kids, and being away from extended family on Christmas. Other than that, I’d never spend Christmas on land again if I could! The cruise lines make it feel so magical!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’ve never done a Xmas cruise, but I would love to.

The only con I can see is the cost.

I love my extended family and I love spending time with them, but most of my Xmas days end up being a combination of long hours in a car and long hours in a kitchen.

A Xmas day without driving or cooking and instead just focusing on enjoying time with the family I’m travelling with - bliss.

I have only taken my family of 4 on one single Christmas cruise. It was a S American cruise in 2016 aboard Infinity. We loved it. The only disadvantage is the higher prices, but it's one of the few times left that I can book a cruise that the whole family can make as our kids are now in their 20's. The ship was decorated very nicely everywhere and the atmosphere was quite festive. So we have another one booked for Christmas 2019 (New Zealand).

94013b5a389030bf4b73005b08c23577.jpg

• Like 1

Fantastic! Hope to see you on the roll call, and on board the ship. :)

I just booked! Last time I looked, I did't see a roll call started. Have to ask a side question...are y'all football/Texans fans? We have become fans as Deshaun Watson is a hometown kid. Our son played against him in high school, and yes, he was good then too.

I just booked! Last time I looked, I did't see a roll call started. Have to ask a side question...are y'all football/Texans fans? We have become fans as Deshaun Watson is a hometown kid. Our son played against him in high school, and yes, he was good then too.

There is a roll call, but it does not show up for the "Find your Celebrity roll call" thread.

Join in on the roll call and we can have some discussions about football, etc. :)

There is a roll call, but it does not show up for the "Find your Celebrity roll call" thread.

Join in on the roll call and we can have some discussions about football, etc. :)

How do you find a roll call in the thread doesn't work? We are on this cruise also, and I keep checking...thought that there was no roll call for this cruise.