Silhouette Cabin #1599

BosoxI

We are booked in #1597, the first cabin forward of the hump/slant. I just noticed the cabin next to it #1599 has become available. It's the first cabin on the slant and I am thinking it would be a bit better Can someone advise? Thanks

We are booked in #1597, the first cabin forward of the hump/slant. I just noticed the cabin next to it #1599 has become available. It's the first cabin on the slant and I am thinking it would be a bit better Can someone advise? Thanks

I posted on our Roll Call that it was available. It's a great location and the extra large balcony is nice. I hope you grabbed it because I just checked and it's now gone. We love the slant balconies midship. We can get both sun and shade and enjoy the extra room. It's close to the mid-ship elevators and stairs and it's convenient to just walk the flight to the pool deck. Also we like the convenience of being close to the pool deck to use our own bathroom rather than the public ones nearer the pool. We get a bit of exercise that way!

I posted on our Roll Call that it was available. It's a great location and the extra large balcony is nice. I hope you grabbed it because I just checked and it's now gone. We love the slant balconies midship. We can get both sun and shade and enjoy the extra room. It's close to the mid-ship elevators and stairs and it's convenient to just walk the flight to the pool deck. Also we like the convenience of being close to the pool deck to use our own bathroom rather than the public ones nearer the pool. We get a bit of exercise that way!

Thanks for your info and good wishes. Fortunately, we must be on different cruises, as I just put a hold on it. We're on a back to back and our next cabin is 1603. It would be nice if the X agent would let me make the switch without involving my TA, but either way it will be ours I wonder why people are canceling 1599. :) :) Which cruise are you on?

Thanks for your info and good wishes. Fortunately, we must be on different cruises, as I just put a hold on it. We're on a back to back and our next cabin is 1603. It would be nice if the X agent would let me make the switch without involving my TA, but either way it will be ours I wonder why people are canceling 1599. :) :) Which cruise are you on?

We're on Silhouette Dec. 9 this year. It probably is showing as not available because you put the hold on it. I did something similar. I saw a preferable balcony to the one we had, put a hold on the one we have now and called my TA. While I was on the phone with the TA, I went online and I released the hold and the TA grabbed it. 1603 is also a great cabin with the large balcony. If you're in that one on Dec. 9 we're you next door neighbors! You are listed on the Dec. 9th Silhouette roll call. (I know because I've been keeping and updating the list.) Have you dropped that cruise or are you still on it?

1599 probably dropped back in because whoever booked it used a TA. Ours takes final payment about 2-4 weeks prior to when X requires. Sometimes, especially before X started with non-refundable deposits, people reserve multiple cruises and before final payment cancel some or shift reservations. I've seen some prime located cabins show up about 3 months before. Glad you were able to take advantage.

Edited by Luvcrusn
Addition

Bigger balcony, bed by the bath. Good choice in switching.

We were in an A2 cabin on Solstice, and 2 weeks before sailing, A1 1608 showed up. We switched for nothing as they gave us the free Captain's Club upgrade. Come to find out it only became available because they upgraded to a Suite.

We're on Silhouette Dec. 9 this year. It probably is showing as not available because you put the hold on it. I did something similar. I saw a preferable balcony to the one we had, put a hold on the one we have now and called my TA. While I was on the phone with the TA, I went online and I released the hold and the TA grabbed it. 1603 is also a great cabin with the large balcony. If you're in that one on Dec. 9 we're you next door neighbors! You are listed on the Dec. 9th Silhouette roll call. (I know because I've been keeping and updating the list.) Have you dropped that cruise or are you still on it?

1599 probably dropped back in because whoever booked it used a TA. Ours takes final payment about 2-4 weeks prior to when X requires. Sometimes, especially before X started with non-refundable deposits, people reserve multiple cruises and before final payment cancel some or shift reservations. I've seen some prime located cabins show up about 3 months before. Glad you were able to take advantage.

I saw 1599 on the November 30 trip was available but you indicated it had been taken. When I returned to the X site, it was showing as available, so I grabbed it. At that point I figured we were on different cruises. If it had been showing as available on the December 9 cruise, I missed the boat, as I could have switched from 1603 to 1599 and avoided the cabin switch. We've switched before on B2Bs and it's not a big deal, but having the same cabin is ideal. I had been checking fairly regularly, but it is a matter of luck and timing. Oh, well.. We could have moved to 1610 on the 11/30 cruise, which is a very nice cabin we've had before, but that move wasn't appealing. With 1599 we should have the same steward.

Edited by BosoxI

I saw 1599 on the November 30 trip was available but you indicated it had been taken. When I returned to the X site, it was showing as available, so I grabbed it. At that point I figured we were on different cruises. If it had been showing as available on the December 9 cruise, I missed the boat, as I could have switched from 1603 to 1599 and avoided the cabin switch. We've switched before on B2Bs and it's not a big deal, but having the same cabin is ideal. I had been checking fairly regularly, but it is a matter of luck and timing. Oh, well.. We could have moved to 1610 on the 11/30 cruise, which is a very nice cabin we've had before, but that move wasn't appealing. With 1599 we should have the same steward.

That's a shame because 1599 was open on the 12/9 cruise, I posted it on the roll call. DH and I are your next door neighbors on 12/9. It'll be here before we know it. You should come back to the roll call and say hi.

That's a shame because 1599 was open on the 12/9 cruise, I posted it on the roll call. DH and I are your next door neighbors on 12/9. It'll be here before we know it. You should come back to the roll call and say hi.

I can't keep track anymore. We are currently booked on six cruises on three different Cruise Lines. I waste too much time on the computer and the weather has been so beautiful I should be outside:D:D:).