Question about Glory

novellaherman

We had a verrrrry long delay due to a couple of pax that thought they did not have to comply since they were not going on shore. They were found in their stateroom watching TV. They were in the stateroom next to ours and were very embarassed.

Kat

Our recent customs experience on Glory was quite the opposite..unquestionably the most organized speediest process we've ever seen! Carnival really keeps the liines under control and enforces the calling of decks..turns back those who try to cut in line etc...but I wouldn't COUNT on it just in case..anything can happen...

We will be on the glory in April and I was wondering.........how long did it take to clear customs to get off the ship in ST. Thomas. Our doc's say we arrive at 10:00 would a 10:30 non-ship tour be do-able?

Thanks

novella

We had a shore excursion scheduled for noon so we were one of the first ones called. All we did was walk though a line and get a tag with our name and cabin number on it. The whole process took about an hour. They started exactly at 10am and we were called at about 10:30 and finished at 11.

We had a verrrrry long delay due to a couple of pax that thought they did not have to comply since they were not going on shore. They were found in their stateroom watching TV. They were in the stateroom next to ours and were very embarassed.

Kat

Please explain your reply, are you saying that even if someone didn't want to get off the ship, they still have to go thru customs?

Matt32703 is correct regarding everyone. MKK & JJCalder19 are correct regarding the proceedure. Normally it takes about an hour or so IF everyone complies. It is when they don't that it takes longer. The ship has to track down the missing folks and send them through the line before anyone can get on shore. That's why our neighbors were so embarrassed since they held up the whole ship. Now if those on your ship do as they should, you won't have any trouble. However, I would try for a later time on your non-ship tour just to be sure.

I sincerely hope you have a wonderful cruise with no delays!

Kat

I was on the Glory when we had to clear Customs in Key West and we were supposed to be in at 7:00am and didn't start to approach the dock untill noon.(I know its not St. Thomas but just thought I'd share)

-Greg

Archived