Cancelling Cruise due to ill health

HELEN HENRY

It must be a very worrying time for you and your family.I hope that P&O can sort out the problem for you.

Hope things improve for you and your family.

Thinking of you.

Only thing P&O can do is offer us is to change names to other passengers,but the problem is trying to find someone else wishing to purchase our cruise even though I am trying to sell for half price.

Thank you Balernocaling for your best wishes much appreciated.

Hi Helen, have you followed up on the posts that mention Transfer Travel. If not just google Transfer Travel and go to their website. There are loads of holiday, flights etc for sale, all from people who find themselves in a similar position to you. Currently nobody is trying to sell a cruise on there though I have seen them for sale in the past couple of months. Alternatively P&O will allow you to transfer to another cruise so that you do not loose your deposit. There are rules to be followed to do this but it might be worth investigating.

Best of luck,

Peter and Jenny.

Only thing P&O can do is offer us is to change names to other passengers,but the problem is trying to find someone else wishing to purchase our cruise even though I am trying to sell for half price.

Thank you Balernocaling for your best wishes much appreciated.

Just a thought Helen are you too late to transfer your booking to another cruise in the future? This is often the best solution

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just a thought Helen are you too late to transfer your booking to another cruise in the future? This is often the best solution

Helen Henry has already stated in #4 that due to the nature of the illness they would be booking no further cruises.

I was just going to mention about the credit card. If you paid for it on a credit card the insurance company will sometimes look to recovering part of the cost from the credit card company. I know this as sadly my dad passed away on Thursday and we should have been on a cruise at this moment in time but we cancelled last week. It's worth a try if you booked on a credit card Pat xx

I was just going to mention about the credit card. If you paid for it on a credit card the insurance company will sometimes look to recovering part of the cost from the credit card company. I know this as sadly my dad passed away on Thursday and we should have been on a cruise at this moment in time but we cancelled last week. It's worth a try if you booked on a credit card Pat xx

So so sorry to hear about your Dad netchells believe me my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this sad time. I paid by Debit Card so no hope of recooperating anything apart if someone wishes to purchase our cruise. Hope you enjoy the Caribbean in November. Pat xx

Hello daiB unfortunately it is not possible to transfer this cruise to another in the future. Thanks for your suggestion.

Help please,Can anyone advise me on how to try and sell our cruise

on Azura Caribbean Nov 2018 flying from Glasgow We require to sell due to sudden ill health and because insurance company refuse to pay out. Can’t put further details down or telephone contact number in case breaking rules on CC. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Hi Helen, So sorry to hear you are unable to go on your Cruise due to sudden ill health and sincerely hope everything gets sorted out for you all.

I have been reading through the posts and wondered if you could tell me the exact Cruise you are on to see if I may be able to help you out with this and hopefully take a bit of weight off of your mind. xx Take Care

Did an internet search and came across SpareFare. The other long shot I thought of was Gumtree. I wish I could come up with a resolution for you. So sorry for your situation right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Santander, I have posted in on Gumtree Glasgow under cruises,Thank you for your kind thoughts and helpful suggestions.

Hi Helen, So sorry to hear you are unable to go on your Cruise due to sudden ill health and sincerely hope everything gets sorted out for you all.

I have been reading through the posts and wondered if you could tell me the exact Cruise you are on to see if I may be able to help you out with this and hopefully take a bit of weight off of your mind. xx Take Care

Good evening yamanid thank you for your assistance in this matter but I don’t know if I am allowed to state name of my cruise on CC might be breaking CC rules and don’t wish to cause any unnecessary problems with CC. However if you browse through Guntree Glasgow under cruises yo will find all details there. Thank you.

Hi Pat

So sorry to hear about this news. I'm sure the cruise it's the last thing you want to be dealing with now. I hope you manage to find a solution.

Thinking of you and your family and hope things improve for you all [emoji170]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Forums mobile app

Gymbod, I am overwhelmed by the support and best wishes that I have received from yourselves and fellow cruisers on this thread. It is lovely to know that so many people are taking the time to think about me and my family. Thank you.

Hi Helen, have you followed up on the posts that mention Transfer Travel. If not just google Transfer Travel and go to their website. There are loads of holiday, flights etc for sale, all from people who find themselves in a similar position to you. Currently nobody is trying to sell a cruise on there though I have seen them for sale in the past couple of months. Alternatively P&O will allow you to transfer to another cruise so that you do not loose your deposit. There are rules to be followed to do this but it might be worth investigating.

Best of luck,

Peter and Jenny.

Peter and Jenny Zombatar,

I have not yet searched for the Transfer Travel site but will try tomorrow. Thank you

Good evening yamanid thank you for your assistance in this matter but I don’t know if I am allowed to state name of my cruise on CC might be breaking CC rules and don’t wish to cause any unnecessary problems with CC. However if you browse through Guntree Glasgow under cruises yo will find all details there. Thank you.

Helen, I had already found it on Gumtree, sorry to have troubled you. I am passing this on to others now to give them all the details and hopefully get back to you as soon as possible (with a positive outcome).

Thank You, look after yourselves

Helen, I had already found it on Gumtree, sorry to have troubled you. I am passing this on to others now to give them all the details and hopefully get back to you as soon as possible (with a positive outcome).

Thank You, look after yourselves

yamanid, thank you so much your assistance is very much appreciated. Thank you for your kindness and best wishes.

Sandancer, So sorry for the spelling error of your avatar name I wrote Santander in error please accept my apology.

Helen, given the difficult circumstances you find yourself in the last thing you need worry about is my screen name.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So so sorry to hear about your Dad netchells believe me my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this sad time. I paid by Debit Card so no hope of recooperating anything apart if someone wishes to purchase our cruise. Hope you enjoy the Caribbean in November. Pat xx

Thank you Pat. It's worth a try even if you paid by debit card. The bank refunded my daughter when she paid with hers :) Sending my love to you xx

Helen, just wanted to add my good wishes to those of others. So sorry to hear you are having a bad time and hope there will be the best possible outcome for all concerned. Sending you and your family my love and prayers.

groove chick, thank you so much for your kind words we appreciate it very much.

I'm following this thread and keep hoping you find someone for your cruise. Had it been a Gatwick flight we could well have been interested. But far more important of course is your health issues. Along with many others, I too wish you well and hope for the very best for you .

Pat, I am so sorry to hear that you have to cancel your cruise, it sounds as if the messing around trying to defray costs is causing added stress too :( I hope that things improve such that future cruises become possible again.

Nicola/netchells, I am very sorry for your loss.