Standard drink package

ghstudio

If you have the Premium package you absolutely have to specify the alcohol brand you want or it will be made with the well brands. People assume that the sticker on your card denoting PAL would automatically mean your pours were call brands but we have found that is not the case more often than not....

You're absolutely correct. I upgraded to the Premium last time and the bartenders would use classic brands, unless I specified. Even when I ordered a specialty drink with the brand listed on the menu, they would substitute, unless I spoke up.

Standard package “brands” on the eclipse today:

Barton’s gin

Barton’s vodka

Ron calvados rum

Bar code tequila

William Lawson’s scotch

They apparently do vary as they get new stock...

Personally, I’ve never heard of any..but I guess if you are getting mixed drinks, well they are probably ok.

Btw...the bartenders were all a bit anxious showing me the bottles...in 3 different bars which I found a bit strange.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Based on my experience, these are fairly common well brands. Nothing really bottom shelf or rot gut. Having said that, I don't like the Barcode tequila, even in a margarita. Barton's is fine for well liquors. We used them 35 years ago when I tended bar. William Lawson's is the 6th best-selling scotch in the world. It isn't the cheapest, so someone must like it (don't like scotch, so can't say first-hand).

In my bar experience, if you ask for rum and coke or gin and tonic, you get the well brand liquor. Call brands (old phrase) are called 'call' because they are 'called' by name.

As for asking for a call brand and getting a well brand, I'd send it back, too. If it happens repeatedly, I'll find another bartender.

Rob