Celebrity excursions - cheaper pre-cruise?

sequincruiser

Does anyone know if the price of ship excursions is more onboard than if you book online beforehand?

Also how often do Celebrity have flash sales for pre-paid excursions booked via cruise planner? Are they likely to be offered close to sail date?

I've only cruised in Europe by my experience is not. Many excursions sell out in advance - we're off to Norway in 5 days (Yay!!) and there are 2 or 3 excursions at every port now sold out. If Celebrity don't sell enough by the excursion date they simply cancel rather than offer any reduced price - which is massively annoying if your planned excursion gets cancelled with less than 24 hours notice!

It may be different in the Caribbean though.

Does anyone know if the price of ship excursions is more onboard than if you book online beforehand?

Also how often do Celebrity have flash sales for pre-paid excursions booked via cruise planner? Are they likely to be offered close to sail date?

It has been our experience that prices of shore excursions offered on the ship are a little higher

than those offered pre-cruise. Flash sales seem to be random and without notification. Hope this helps.

Mike and Mary

Some time they are sold out before you cruise and we have found on our last Fiords Cruise that when we booked on a sale shore excursions, several were $100 or less doing it before hand.

I always watch for the sales on excursions, and then book any that look of interest, pending something better coming along later. These are typically up to 20% off, so some savings are meaningful. I don't know for sure, but I don't think Celebrity ever offers discounted excursions on board, so any discounted excursion booked in advance during a sale period will be cheaper than the price on board.

Tom & Judy