don't cancel in final payment and still get double C&A points?

Hi,

We have several family members sailing Thanksgiving week, and we're already past our final payment date at this point.

My SIL may need to sail solo, and she's asked if I could confirm how she can get double points as her TA hasn't been helpful, so I've searched through the forum and it looks like she should not cancel her DH and instead have him be a no-show on the day of sailing, as canceling would likely lead to having her cabin re-priced at current prices.

Does this sound right and is there anything she would need to do on board or after the sailing to receive double points for sailing solo, or would it just be credited automatically?

TIA

Edited by powelweb

Plus that keeps options open. So, if her DH is suddenly able to accompany her, they are good to go. Or if she thinks of a family member or friend she might want as cabinmate, she could change name on booking before the cruise.

Yup- already working on those options, too, but the no-show & double points is the last resort. thanks.

My daughter couldn't go with me at the last minute. We left her As a no show. They did refund taxes, gratuities (which I prepaid ) and fees. My C and A account updated automatically after the cruise. I actually received triple points because we were in a suite.

The things we learn! I had DD become a no show, because if I cancelled her at the last minute, my fare went up $1,300! Imagine my surprise when I logged in today, and instead of being 1 point away from D+, I received double points for the sailing, and made D+.

Do they really refund the taxes? Do I have to contact them? Any idea how long it takes?

The things we learn! I had DD become a no show, because if I cancelled her at the last minute, my fare went up $1,300! Imagine my surprise when I logged in today, and instead of being 1 point away from D+, I received double points for the sailing, and made D+.

Do they really refund the taxes? Do I have to contact them? Any idea how long it takes?

Yes, they automatically refund taxes and any other pre-cruise purchases made for the party that does not show, such as dining, excursions, gratuities, etc. No need to contact them, takes 5-10 business days.

Hopefully SIL is listed as the “primary” occupant on the booking. I believe that is important if she plans on replacing husband with another cruiser.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Pretty sure it will be OK as long as one of the original names on the booking remains from start to finish (with no difference if she was the first or second name on the form). As long as SIL’s name was on the booking from the day the reservation was made, she should be able to replace her DH with another cruiser.

• 2 weeks later...

A follow up question- is there a deadline by when SIL would need to change the other pax on the reservation before the sailing (e.g., before it becomes too late to make changes)?

It's looking like DD can get the time off from work, but may not know for another week or two....

thanks again to all the experts and happy sailings....