Allure - Debarkation - Flight

klfrodo

I anticipate getting beat up on this question. Especially since my first thought to the answer is No, I've been on CC for 20 years, but maybe, just maybe,, somebody will respond who has actual experience.

The question: Getting off the ship and catching a 10:11AM flight out of FLL. :eek: OMG,,the horrors for asking such a silly question when the cruise line recommends noon or later.

I'm very well aware of the "What Ifs". It may be a risk I'm willing to take.

I will be a suite guest (CL), so that gets me some priority

Cannot do self assist

Will be flying FC, so that gets me easier check in at the airport

I do have TSA -Precheck, so that gets me through security faster

It will not be a big deal if we miss the flight for whatever reason. No job to get to (retired).

Flame away :evilsmile:

I anticipate getting beat up on this question. Especially since my first thought to the answer is No, I've been on CC for 20 years, but maybe, just maybe,, somebody will respond who has actual experience.

The question: Getting off the ship and catching a 10:11AM flight out of FLL. :eek: OMG,,the horrors for asking such a silly question when the cruise line recommends noon or later.

Cannot do self assist

It will not be a big deal if we miss the flight for whatever reason. No job to get to (retired).

Did almost exactly this on August 12th, 2018. HOwever, our flight was at 10:19AM out of FLL and so we had an 8 minute buffer over your departure time.

We stayed in a GS on the Allure and let me tell you that a wonderful perk of the suite experience is the embarkation which was awesome but the debarkation was in my mind worth a large chunk of the upgraded cost. We were on the Allure, on debarkation day we met at the Suite Lounge at about 8:20 we were walking through customs with all of our luggage (we did not do self assist) which I'm assuming had been expdited to the terminal because of suite status by 8:40. I tell no lies, I exagerate not, we were pulling up to the airport terminal by 9:05AM. We had time to search for coffee, grab breakfast (made it to the lounge too late to eat breakfast), and feed the baby. Did I say baby!? Yes. We were a family of 5 with a 5 year old, 3 year old, and 8 month old and we pulled it off because of the suite departure.

Do I recommend booking a flight that early? As a budding travel agent I cannot. Please understand with one customs hang-up or a late arrival to port you can kiss that flight goodbye. Did it work for us in our situation knowing we'd take advantage of the priority suite debarkation, 100% . The next available flight was after 2pm and I was willing to take the chance to not have to spend 4 hours in the aiport with 3 little children. Our friends that cruised with us, played it safe with the afternoon flight and it just so happened that the 2pm flight got further delayed. Ugh...the horrors!!! Luckily, their kids are both 6 and could handle that kind of situation better.

It can be done, it has been done, and I don't recommend doing it, but I'll do it again!!! To quote a wise man named Han Solo "Never tell me the odds!"

*Note: This was our experience with the Sky class program and as mentioned we were pulling into port everglades NOT Miami. I don't have first hand knowledge suite debarkation processes with ships that do not participate in the Royal Suite class program.

For a 10:11 flight you need to be at FLL NLT about 8:40 - and earlier is better. With the taxi ride taking about 15 minutes from PE to FLL that translates into off the ship, with bags, and clear of customs/immigration by about 8:15 or so.

Can you make it - sure. Can something go wrong and cause you to miss your flight - sure. :eek:

Do you want to spend your cruise worried about making your flight home? :confused: I would book a flight leaving closer to noon, but it is your call.

Good luck and please come back after your cruise and let us know if it worked out. :)

Have done around 10am many of times with no problem...however I definitely would NOT try that if I had to fly out of Miami.

Now that we are getting older..we booked a flight closer to noon because I find the luggage valet perk to be wonderful.

For a 10:11 flight you need to be at FLL NLT about 8:40 - and earlier is better. With the taxi ride taking about 15 minutes from PE to FLL that translates into off the ship, with bags, and clear of customs/immigration by about 8:15 or so.

Can you make it - sure. Can something go wrong and cause you to miss your flight - sure. :eek:

Do you want to spend your cruise worried about making your flight home? :confused: I would book a flight leaving closer to noon, but it is your call.

Good luck and please come back after your cruise and let us know if it worked out. :)

Assuming no issues pulling into port on time or at customs. On a lazy Sunday morning 1 hour before flight time at FLL should be plenty. Of course some of us are less comfortable with this than others. It was plenty of time for us on August 12th. We didn't have first class prioirty at the airport as will the OP nor TSA pre-check as will the OP and we a family of 5 made it through easily arriving at the airport at 9:05AM for the 10:19AM flight. Sunday mornings are normally not super busy at the aiports. Sunday evenings/Monday mornings different story. But I agree if one thing goes wrong, you can miss it so work that into your equation. In our experience it was very smooth from Suite loung meet-up for walk-off on the Allure to car waiting at curb. The only morning we worried about making the flight on time was the last morning, we spent the rest of the cruise having a BLAST!

Cannot do self assist

The post does have the tone of a person on here a long time. ;) In my 3 Oasis class sailings from Port Everglades flying out of FLL, I could have made that flight easily. I just have a hard time finding a flight before 3-5pm. Switching into guess mode, I"ll bet you make it 9 out of 10 times. You say you can't self assist? Is that because of being in a suite, or another reason? Hope you have a good cruise and don't get stressed over the return.