Royal Caribbean proposal?

Then Boyfriend and I met on 11/21/2013. 21 became our magic number. We celebrated every month of dating on the 21st of each month. On 7/21/2014, we were in Nassau on Allure. My husband researched the sights and popped the question on the 21st step of the Queen’s staircase. It was a super hot day and I really didn’t want to walk to this staircase in the heat. My now husband really had his work cut out for him getting me to go. We were complete sweaty messes in the pictures we had some passerby take of us immediately afterwards. I loved it! He really made it memorable with his planning.

Incidentally, we married on 11/12/14 at 11:21 in the morning. We were in Grenada on a cruise on 11/21/14 or we would have married that day instead. We’re in our low/mid 50s after long first marriages. Working harder at keeping things special this time around.

I second the suggestion to do it in a port you can go back to....not that we love Nassau...it just worked due to the date.

Pre-congratulations by the way!

What a sweet story, thanks for sharing it! :D

Sometimes.... English is a second language, or OP types too quickly and doesn't double-check the content, or the phone incorrectly uses auto-correct. Any of these could be a reason for a difficult-to-understand post. ;)

Agreed, I've lost count of the number of times I've posted something, re-read it and thought "d-oh!" That doesn't look right. ;p I think what threw me off was the word "nasty" in the original post, I wasn't sure what the OP meant by that, especially given the topic. :')

My son proposed to his GF on the first morning of the cruise. He left his room key with us the night before. Just before sunrise they headed out to the helo pad. My other son was hiding and took photos with a telephoto lens. We went to their room and put up decorations. We had champagne OJ waiting in our room when they returned. It worked out perfectly.

This board really needs a "like" button because that is a great story. Very nice, sounds like it worked out perfectly. :D

I proposed to my husband on board the Brilliance of the Seas, our first cruise. Wasn’t planned just spur of the moment, was on deck having a stroll and I asked him.

Of course he told everyone that I dangled him over the railings! And that I would let go if he didn’t say yes.

Next day he bought my engagement ring onboard [emoji2]

We have been happily married for 6 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our son proposed to his girlfriend in Central Park on the Oasis in 2012. Her engagement ring, which he had made, wasn't going to be finished in time for him to take on the cruise. So, the day they were to fly to Florida, he went and bought at cheap round ring to use. He was pretty sad he didn't have the real thing. On the formal night he was going to propose, he didn't have scissors, so he tried to pull the tag off with his hands. Well, that didn't go very well and it actually bent the ring into a heart shape. When he proposed to her and gave her the ring, she was so excited and thought the ring was the best ever! She put it on her finger and wore it for the entire cruise.....tag and all. When they arrived home, the next day he gave her the real engagement ring. She still has the heart shaped ring. By the way, this lovely couple is expecting their second baby in March. Grandma and Grandpa are very excited!

• 1 month later...