RC Ovation and Golden Princess - do balcony dividers open up?

Hello all. We cruise with another couple and in the past have got interconnecting cabins (on Carnival and Celebrity). We're looking at two cruises - one on Ovation of the Seas and the other on Golden Princess. For Ovation cruise we're looking at there's no availability of interconnecting cabins. Can anyone tell me if we get adjoining cabins can the balcony divider be opened up?

And when looking at deck plans for the Golden Princess I can't seem to see any interconnecting cabins. So same question, if we get adjoining cabins can the balcony divider be opened up?

Thanks in advance

Team Alpha, seeing no one else has answered. I’m sure somewhere on Golden there will be connecting cabins, perhaps ring Princess?

Short answer on opening the divider between balconies on ANY cruise ship is “no” I think you’ll find. Safety seems to be their reasons??

Cruised on both these ships, enjoyed Ovation, really enjoyed Golden. Good time to cruise on GP before she is sent to P&O Oz.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

the Ovation definitely had a divider on our balcony where a section could open so you could share a balcony however, I am not certain if they allow it. You can only ask I suppose. I would imagine the Golden to be the same as the Diamond and the Caribbean Princess ships, so they would also have the panels/ doors.

the Ovation definitely had a divider on our balcony where a section could open so you could share a balcony however, I am not certain if they allow it. You can only ask I suppose. I would imagine the Golden to be the same as the Diamond and the Caribbean Princess ships, so they would also have the panels/ doors.

But - are we allowed to fold them back Mic, that is the question 🧐

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On the ovation.

When they wash the balcony and the glass on the Balestrand.

Our cabin attendant opened about 20 of the dividers.you could see right down the side of the ship.

So he can do it,I’m sure if both cabins request it he could do it.

You would need to ask your steward, I am not certain at all. Note that for some it is just a doorway and others it is half of the panel.

Just to be clear, as well as having interconnecting cabins on Celebrity Solstice & Carnival Spirit in the past, we have in each instance had our cabin steward open up the balcony divider so we could share our balconies together. So from my past experience there's no safety or other reasons to prevent it. My question is, do the balcony dividers on RC Ovation and Golden Princess have the ability to be opened ?

Just to be clear, as well as having interconnecting cabins on Celebrity Solstice & Carnival Spirit in the past, we have in each instance had our cabin steward open up the balcony divider so we could share our balconies together. So from my past experience there's no safety or other reasons to prevent it. My question is, do the balcony dividers on RC Ovation and Golden Princess have the ability to be opened ?

My experience on other princess ships is that some do some don’t, I’d hope that those between interconnecting cabins would fall into the some do group.

On the ovation they can open.

On the deck plan there's cabins that have a arrow between them indicate they are connecting.but I don't know if there's a internal door,maybe the entrance door can be shared.

The only true connecting cabins I am aware of is the family share cabins on the forward of the hump.

3 cabins that can share a common entrance and balcony.

Best to call your agent.

On the ovation they can open.

On the deck plan there's cabins that have a arrow between them indicate they are connecting.but I don't know if there's a internal door,maybe the entrance door can be shared.

The only true connecting cabins I am aware of is the family share cabins on the forward of the hump.

3 cabins that can share a common entrance and balcony.

Best to call your agent.

Agreed, or if not the agent, the cruise line direct.