Miami disembarkation after Cuba Intensive

k0k0

I'm new to Azamara and also quite new to cruising, so I'd like to know about disembarking in Miami after the Cuba Intensive cruise.

The itinerary for Journey says that we disembark at 7:00. My TA has arranged my transfer at 10:30. My flight is at 17:50.

I don't want to "waste" the last day of my holiday waiting for a transfer, or sitting at the airport, but I have no idea how long it takes to actually get off the ship. It's only a 20 min drive to the airport, so even with a 10:30 transfer I imagine that I have time to do something in Miami.

Would welcome opinions from anyone who has disembarked in Miami. Thanks.

Have your agent cancel the transfer and take the 3 or 4 hour excursions provided by Azamara that include luggage transfer and drop off at MIA.

Although it is only about 30 minutes to MIA from the Cruise terminal MIA is one of those airports that you have to give yourself at least 2 hours from drop off to departure. 17:50 is close to peak time so don't cut it close.

Have your agent cancel the transfer and take the 3 or 4 hour excursions provided by Azamara that include luggage transfer and drop off at MIA.

Although it is only about 30 minutes to MIA from the Cruise terminal MIA is one of those airports that you have to give yourself at least 2 hours from drop off to departure. 17:50 is close to peak time so don't cut it close.

Thanks - I hadn’t realised there were shore excursions after the cruise ended. Azamara’s web site doesn’t give exact timings (just length of tour 4 hours). There is an Everglades trip which looks fun and which says “This tour is for guests with domestic flights departing MIA after 3pm, and international flights after 4pm”. So that ought to work for me.

We’ve done the Miami Hop On Hop Off bus with airport transfer which was very good too. We were taken to a shopping mall which was a central point for all 3 routes and our luggage was stored there. We could go on any routes we wanted to & then there were buses to the airport at regular intervals.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the tips. Azamara says that we disembark at 7am at the end of our cruise, so from roughly what time am I likely to be free? Do they kick you off at 7am sharp, or is it a long/relaxed process to disembark, clear customs etc? I only ever travel with hand luggage, so as to avoid waiting around at airports and ports for luggage, if that makes any difference.

The last time we disembarked at Miami we took a cab to a hotel which did day rooms (think the site is called rooms 9 to 5 or similar) we relaxed by the pool, ate lunch, showered and then had the hotel shuttle bus to the airport. It was so relaxing and a good way to finish our cruise.

Been back into Miami twice now. First time went smooth and people were getting off at 7. Last cruise in March we were off shore about 4 in the morning and never docked until after 9, it was well after 10:30 before we had our bags. Told it was port traffic issues. Have a plan B ready in case.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Done Mia ports enough. The norm for final call to leave ship.is nine am. They say never take a flight before noon. Almost missed a one pm flight.

I would get a day room too. Check the Epic or the IC near port. Think both you taxi to airport,