Leaving Ship Early

If the person simply walks off without notifying anyone, they may get held up by authorities at the airport for not having the proper entry stamp in their passport.

Could be more than held up.

You are in violation of immigration laws, and could be arrested, and jailed.

Always kills me how many people continue to offer bad advice despite the fact the same bad advice was already refuted in previous posts.
That usually comes from people jumping in to reply without reading the thread first, or considering the implications of what they're saying.

I've actually done this in Jamaica. Had to cut a cruise short because of a calendar mishap.

You go to guest services and let them know what time you want to leave. They'll then arrange for a port agent to meet you and take you through customs.

A member of security will take you to the disembark area and stay with you until the port agent meets you.

Very easy, no fee.

My TA talked with RCCI and confirmed that it is possible to do this. There is a form to fill out. Didn't ask about the fee. Most likely we will cancel the cruise and forfeit the deposit. (Yes, I know about the FCC but not really that interested in that.)

You can’t just get off the ship and go to the airport.

When arriving in Cozumel you have to fill out a tourist Visa and have it stamped and paid for upon leaving you must provide the Visa once again or pay a hefty fine

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have left cruises early on several occasions. Just go RCL & there is no problems. On the other hand have seen several passengers just got off the ship.They told RCL where they could dock the ship next. Really don't think the ship would have fit.

OK, thanks for the good information from those who posted here.

We've finally reached resolution of the 'cotillion' issue.

Turns out 'cotillion' is actually a week long affair which rules out leaving the ship early so Son and DIL have asked if they can cancel the cruise.

Wife and I decided to cancel as well and eat the $1000 deposit.

Yes, I know we could have applied the deposit to another cabin on the same ship and same date.

Yes, I know we could apply the FCC portion to a future cruise.

Neither of those options are appealing so we will take another path.

Thanks again.