Driving to Ft Lauderdale, cruising for 15 days then Flying back into Ft Lauderdale.

lillulu

So my question is.

If you are driving down to Ft Lauderdale, then getting on a cruise, ending your cruise at another port and flying back to Ft Lauderdale.

1. Where would you stay?

2. You are flying back late at night so staying at hotel when you arrive back in Ft Lauderdale.

3. Need a shuttle to get to car where ever it is parked at. And a shuttle to port.

4. Is there a place that has a shuttle to port, lets you park your car that long, shuttle to pick you up from airport back to hotel?

Thank you in advance.

So my question is.

If you are driving down to Ft Lauderdale, then getting on a cruise, ending your cruise at another port and flying back to Ft Lauderdale.

1. Where would you stay?

2. You are flying back late at night so staying at hotel when you arrive back in Ft Lauderdale.

3. Need a shuttle to get to car where ever it is parked at. And a shuttle to port.

4. Is there a place that has a shuttle to port, lets you park your car that long, shuttle to pick you up from airport back to hotel?

Thank you in advance.

Rent a car from your home to ft lauderdale. When fly back into ft lauderdale rent a car to get back home. No parking fees.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks but the cost to do that out weighs what it would cost to leave our vehicle at the hotel we stay at. Most will let your vehicle be there a week to two weeks before charging. I did check into renting a car. Way too much. quote=glendacruise;56913936]Rent a car from your home to ft lauderdale. When fly back into ft lauderdale rent a car to get back home. No parking fees.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

www.sunny.org has lots of FLL hotel and tourist info, including a list of hotels offering cruise parking deals. I would not focus too much on shuttles - Uber, Lyft and even taxis are easy and cheap and the distances are generally not far. UberX and standard Lyft between PE and FLL airport area hotels should be about $10+ for the car.

Not sure where you live, but is it cheaper to fly to FLL (or MIA or PBI) instead of driving both ways and parking for 15 days? :confused:

www.sunny.org has lots of FLL hotel and tourist info, including a list of hotels offering cruise parking deals. I would not focus too much on shuttles - Uber, Lyft and even taxis are easy and cheap and the distances are generally not far. UberX and standard Lyft between PE and FLL airport area hotels should be about $10+ for the car.

Not sure where you live, but is it cheaper to fly to FLL (or MIA or PBI) instead of driving both ways and parking for 15 days? :confused:

Agree, a taxi or Uber is the better idea.

I disagree with OP's original premise that "most will allow your vehicle to be there week or two weeks before charging". If you find that, you should be staying at that hotel for both of your stays. You might get a free week, but I doubt you will get two.

Or are you driving direct to the Port on sailing date (no hotel stay prior to boarding the ship)? I don't think any hotel is going to let you park your car for free without a hotel stay.

And if you got two free weeks, why would you stay at a different hotel after your hotel. You are adding in an additional taxi or shuttle ride.

Agree, a taxi or Uber is the better idea.

I disagree with OP's original premise that "most will allow your vehicle to be there week or two weeks before charging". If you find that, you should be staying at that hotel for both of your stays. You might get a free week, but I doubt you will get two. Answer: I've seen a hotel let you park for 21 days before charging. It's just a matter if they have availability when you go to book. Look at the web sight I quoted.

Or are you driving direct to the Port on sailing date (no hotel stay prior to boarding the ship)? I don't think any hotel is going to let you park your car for free without a hotel stay. Answer: No, we are staying at the Hyatt Place now that I found the web sight I was looking for.

And if you got two free weeks, why would you stay at a different hotel after your hotel. You are adding in an additional taxi or shuttle ride.

Answer: I planned to stay at the same place my vehicle was parked at.

I found what I was looking for. I remembered booking it before but for the life of me could not remember where it was at. I went through some old e-mails (which I am glad I did not delete). The Hyatt Place lets you stay and leave your car for 7 days before charging . Plus shuttle service to port for first 2 people then $7.00 for extra persons. Hotelnparking dot com is where you need to go to book. It worked out last time that they did not charge me for the other week. It could have been because my friend who was with me had a heart attack and we flew back from Columbia South America and they felt sorry, not sure. But they were wonderful. Their shuttle was not working when we got in. So, they told us to get a cab and they paid the cab driver. We paid the tip. This place is really nice and I would recommend it to anyone.

Can't wait till we cruise. We are finally getting to take one of our bucket list cruises after the horrible time we had last time. And we are NOT taking the same ship. We are excited for this cruise and well needed after all we have been through.

Thanks to those who posted. Hope I can help someone else who is looking.

Edited by lillulu

Answer: I planned to stay at the same place my vehicle was parked at.

I found what I was looking for. I remembered booking it before but for the life of me could not remember where it was at. I went through some old e-mails (which I am glad I did not delete). The Hyatt Place lets you stay and leave your car for 7 days before charging . Plus shuttle service to port for first 2 people then $7.00 for extra persons. Hotelnparking dot com is where you need to go to book. It worked out last time that they did not charge me for the other week. It could have been because my friend who was with me had a heart attack and we flew back from Columbia South America and they felt sorry, not sure. But they were wonderful. Their shuttle was not working when we got in. So, they told us to get a cab and they paid the cab driver. We paid the tip. This place is really nice and I would recommend it to anyone.

Can't wait till we cruise. We are finally getting to take one of our bucket list cruises after the horrible time we had last time. And we are NOT taking the same ship. We are excited for this cruise and well needed after all we have been through.

Thanks to those who posted. Hope I can help someone else who is looking.

Yes, you did help! This is exactly the information I was looking for. Thank you!

• 1 year later...
On 9/1/2018 at 8:25 AM, JohninDC said:

Please come back after your cruise and let us know how it all works out. 🙂

John,

We all agreed it was the best vacation we have ever had. In December we are going to do a partial Panama Canal. We are looking forward to it as well.