Late Arrival for Check-in

Thank you to everyone trying to help. I think we've all had conflicting information from folks over the phone at RCI and what I really need is get an authoritative ruling (and something in writing) so we don't have a disappointed (and rather upset) passenger standing on the dock with luggage on October 8th. Being told to get a hotel room and come back in the morning isn't going to go down very well either, after having paid to spend the night on the Adventure.

1. I realize that adding "logic" to the discussion is silly, considering that we are talking about Royal Caribbean.

2. It seems logical to me that your friend would be allowed to board after 4:30 P.M. if she contacted RC now and explained the situation and had everything set up in advance.

3. I do think that there is a possibility that they may make her wait until the next morning. Brace yourself for that possible outcome. (it would probably be a matter of staffing on the pier)

Maybe because you will miss the mandatory muster drill they will not allow late embarkation?

Unless you get it in writing from RCI that they will allow you to arrive late, I would assume you wont be allowed on if you are past the cutoff time.

Muster with probably be the next day one hour or so before sailing.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Forums mobile app

I am sailing on the Quebec-to-Ft. Lauderdale cruise in October which overnights in Quebec before setting sail at 5:00 p.m. on the day after boarding. Although I will be in Quebec City two days early to see the city, my cabinmate won't be arriving until later on a 3:30 p.m. flight from London. The cruise documents state that anyone arriving after 4:30 p.m. will be denied boarding. Can some of the more knowledgeable folks on this board advise who I contact at RCI to insure that there is no problem with the late arrival?

You will be doing this itinerary this year and I'll be doing it in 2019. Please come back and let me know how the cut off time of 4:30pm to board the ship on that first night went.....and if they didn't allow anyone from later flights board until the next day.

Thanks so much...hope you enjoy your cruise...I know we're looking forward to this itinerary....even though it's over a year away for us.

My first RCI cruise was ~20 years ago; departing from Singapore. The first day the ship overnighted in Singapore. My flight didn't land until 11pm. (That was the LAST time I let a cruise line pick my flights.)

Any way, we got to the pier around midnight. In that case, at least, we were allowed to board, and checked in at the Purser's desk

Thank you everyone for your assistance. We have the assurance of Everaud (hope the spelling is correct) that they will accommodate a late boarding and the booking is to be noted that this has been agreed upon. As the earlier poster noted, luggage assistance will not be available, but we weren't expecting that anyway.

After the cruise, I'll come back on this thread and report back how it all went.

I don't think you're understanding the question and specifics of this itinerary.

NOT everyone will have checked in on the first day...Some won't be checking in until the second day...and yes terminal workers will be there the second day...Read the OP's question again !

Read carefully:

I am sailing on the Quebec-to-Ft. Lauderdale cruise in October which overnights in Quebec before setting sail at 5:00 p.m. on the day after boarding. Although I will be in Quebec City two days early to see the city, my cabinmate won't be arriving until later on a 3:30 p.m. flight from London. The cruise documents state that anyone arriving after 4:30 p.m. will be denied boarding. Can some of the more knowledgeable folks on this board advise who I contact at RCI to insure that there is no problem with the late arrival?

Where do they say that others will be checking in the next day??????

The OP states that the cruise docs state you will be denied boarding if you show up after 4:30.

SRF I do know from our sailing out of Quebec in 2015, some passengers boarded the day of embarking when the Serenade came in the morning before. Since we had arrived the day before the official boarding I can't comment on how they actually handled it but do recall those passengers carried on their own luggage and probably picked up their Sea pass Cards at Guest Relations.