Seaside "Winter Escape" rate an alternative to "Drinks On Us"

Até

I see the US site is offering a new Seaside Winter Escape rate that does not include the Drinks On Us package for about $149pp less. It's available from Dec 1st to March 23, minus holiday sailings. It looks to me as a test to see if lower fares are preferred to the Drinks On Us offering. The Eastern itineraries also have added Charlotte Amalie as a fourth port, can't say I like the short port times though.

ETA: From a quick look it varies, but it's about $149pp less for Bella, $49pp less for Fantastica, $9 less for Aurea, and same price for YC

Edited by Até

We just booked a cruise for March 2019 and trying to decide if we want to pay the upcharge for the "free" Drinks On Us beverage package since we booked using the Winter Escape Sale. It would be about $250 more. The guy on the phone seemed confused between the two rates.

For all you vets out there, can you use the 12 free drink vouchers on the gelato/ice cream too?

We just booked a cruise for March 2019 and trying to decide if we want to pay the upcharge for the "free" Drinks On Us beverage package since we booked using the Winter Escape Sale. It would be about $250 more. The guy on the phone seemed confused between the two rates.

For all you vets out there, can you use the 12 free drink vouchers on the gelato/ice cream too?

The answer on here has always been; "Yes" to that question (no experience myself).