Paradise Beach is a "must visit"

alaskamt

We got to Cozumel last Friday (seems like a life time ago) June 4 on the Carnival Paradise. Immediately took a cab to Paradise Beach, thanks to the numerous rave reviews on this board. It far exceeded any of our expectations. The two high school graduates told me the next day that they would love to come back to Cozumel for a vacation and go to Paradise Beach every day. It was the only place in Mexico that I have ever felt completely comfortable leaving all my belongings on the beach chair while I swam. None of the deciding who had to stay and guard the "stuff" - we all got to go in the water together for a solid hour of watching people try to climb up the "iceberg". The kids made it look easy, the middle-aged, daiquiri-hydrated guys made it entertaining. The place was spotless, the water toys were plentiful and high quality, the nachos/guacamole were awesome (get two orders if you have teens, otherwise you probably won't get to eat more than one or two before they disappear). And the drinks were 'paradise'. The grounds, the changing rooms, the bathrooms, the freshwater showers - all were spotless and very accessible. And to top it all off - Tom was a very friendly and entertaining host. I am sure he is in mourning now for his deeply felt hockey loss, but wait a week and the season will start back up! Thanks so much Tom for making a great port of call.

The 4 from Alaska. (45 degrees and overcast, record mosquito season)

Thanks for posting your review. We're definitely going there. I'd love to hear more about the Paradise - we're on the 6/27 sailing. Did you post a review anywhere or do you have any advice/info?

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;06;27;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Paradise 6/27

It was really an easy destination. We docked an hour early, and we headed right to the beach. We got there about 1 or 1:30, there were plenty of beach chairs - there are lots of people workign there to show you unoccupied chairs. We hung out till about 4, eating lunch and having drinks and swimming, then caught a taxi back to the port. We had plenty of time to shop or whatever else we wanted to do, and still get back to the ship in a leisurely manner. I'd definitely advise you to try the nachos. Take water shoes if you want to go in where the rocks are, or go in front of the "iceberg" - it's sandy there. There is a second fresh water shower behind the obvious one in front, just in case there is a crowd at the shower. Walk carefully in the bathroom if your feet are wet - they keep the tiles VERY clean and they can be slippery when wet. Take a picture with the parrots. Relax and enjoy yourself. It is a beautiful clean fun beach!

icon_smile.gif

I have to sing my praises as well of Paradise Beach! I just returned from the Enchantment of the Seas and Paradise Beach! Thank goodness I had done my research on here - and was certain I was heading to Paradise Beach. The cabbies actual tried to discourage us from going for some reason icon_confused.gif - but I stuck to my guns and risked sending all 35 (!!) of us to Paradise Beach for the day.

BOY am I glad I did! It was the highlight of our cruise! I got to meet Paradise Beach tom, The grounds were gorgeous, the chairs plentiful, the waiters/chair guys were SO nice & helpful (it's hard to get together 30 beach chairs!), the buckets of beers cold & cheap! And to top of this wonderful day, we sat down in the restaurant before we left and had the BEST AUTHERTIC MEXICAN FOOD I HAVE EVER HAD BAR NONE! Seriously, it was incredible. I can not say enough wonderful things about Paradise Beach - it was a blast!

xoxo,

Gretta

Enchantment of the Seas - 6/2004

Sovereign of the Seas - 6/2000

"Through all of the islands and all of the highlands,

If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Bakmmo

Just back last Saturday. Also was the highlight of my entire cruise. Nice relaxing day after cave tubing in belize. Costs $12 US for a taxi which holds 4 people, but we had 5 so we took a van which was $24 US. It took about 15 minutes to get there from the taxi stand at the port. We arrived early and got the chairs under the Palm Trees. I was in the shade all day and the waiter did not have as far to walk to bring me frozen margaritas. icon_cool.gif

After a couple of weeks reading all the great reviews of Paradise Beach, I'm beginning to second guess our decision to do the dolphin swim at Chankanaab. We're reserved for a 10:00 a.m. dolphin swim, we jsut assumed we'd spend the day at Chankanaab Park, but now wonder if there would be enough time after the dolphin swim to visit Paradise Beach too??? icon_confused.gif

Can anyone tell me how long it would take to get from Chank. park to Paradise Beach? Also is that another $10.00 taxi fee? Or do the taxi drivers have set fees for each "destination"?

Thanks for any information .... time is getting short ... gotta hurry up & have fun! icon_cool.gif

left until cruise on Holiday

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;07;17;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Hey GrettaNC,

Do you still have your compass from the Enchantment. A group of us are trying to meet up and would like to know when where some of the happy hours are. If you could post some that would be great!!!! Thanks!!! icon_smile.gif

EACRUISE -

I will bring them into work tomorrow and post some happy hours. Not to be missed is Nat at the Piano Bar (Schooner Bar) each evening! He is absolutely wonderful & hilarious!

Gretta

Enchantment of the Seas - 6/2004

Sovereign of the Seas - 6/2000

"Through all of the islands and all of the highlands,

If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

WOW...missed this post somehow! Thank you very much for the compliments, so glad we could make your vacation special!

alaskamt...it was great meeting and talking to you all, thanx for the Alaska travel advice! I can sympathize with your record mosquito season as we had a huge storm/flood on the island last Sat. and the mosquitos are starting to come out today icon_eek.gif I had one buzzing around me today, and I thought it was a housefly it was so big!

Gretta...our chef Rob loves you...thanx for the great review!

kipper...thanx for taking the time to write...glad you had a great time!

Tom at

Paradise Beach

For those of you who have been to Paradise Beach, did anyone have a problem with the ice in the drinks? This may sound silly but I have always heard "don't drink the water". I just wanted to know if anyone had any experience with this.

Thanks.

charyoung...you will 99% probably be docking downtown at the Punta Langosta Pier. We are about 9 miles or $13USD from there. Yes we have a website that includes our menu and prices, but I cannot post it per rules of the board. This board has a great "search" feature though;)!

DM...what colonial said!:)

You will be very happy at Paradise Beach - we had a delightful time there and the margarita(s) and guacamole and chips were top notch. Cab ride was 12 bucks one way.

If you want to see pictures of paradise Beach, you can go to our webshots web site and see the pictures of PB.

;) Paradise Tom, your place sounds like the place for US during our visit to Cozumel! A few questions for you...

- What time do you open? We're arriving from the Conquest on 9/3 in the AM, and want to come right there!

- What water toys do you provide -- I have 2 athletic kids -- 14 year old boy and 10 year old girl. They want to know!

- My son also wants to know if you can introduce him to the bikini-clad girl in the shower on your website, and if she looks as good from the front as she does in the back!

- Do you have lockers? Cost? Or, how safe is keeping stuff with you on the beach? (Hey we live in New Jersey -- we usually have someone to "watch the stuff!)

Can't wait to hear from you, and meet with you in September! Get that guacamole ready for us, OK?

Mary Ellen and John-Boy (remember, from the Waltons?) from Cherry Hill, NJ

Tom, we will be stalking you the beginning of December off Rhapsody. I can almost taste the guacamole and beer. Since we've had constant rain for the last month, please work on sunshine NOW. You have 5 months to work this out. In return, I promise to check back with you and provide some chili or chunky soup for you!

Tom...

We will be in Cozumel for 1 week starting next Weds 7/7 staying at the Plaza Las Glorias. Does PB take credit cards for food/drinks? My wife will be diving Thurs, Fri and Sat... Are Sundays usually a good day to go to PB or would Mon/Tues be better in terms of 'crowds'?

Archived