Seven colors lagoon

illiniwahoo

We are looking at a tour of the equine with native choice. We are evaluating doing the "extreme" version which includes 2 hour at Seven Color Lagoon (Bacalar Lagoon) inside Sian Kan Biosphere Reserve. Alternatively, we would just visit a bar or two on the malecon when the shorter regular tour is over. I can find very little info about the lagoon. Is it beautiful? Or is the beach better? I'd generally pick a beach, but the seaweed is making me thing the lagoon could be better. Opinions?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

IMO, if you have an opportunity to head to Balacar, go for it. Depending on where they take you, you'll find it very interesting and there are cenotes in the lagoon at certain places. Be aware it is a bit of a hike from the cruise port and Nuevo Mahahual, if that's where your first excursion ends. So a good chunk of your tour time will be spent coming and going. If you're spending an hour or less at the lagoon, opt for the beach.

We did the extreme tour and enjoyed it. We had a nice lunch at the resort when we arrived, did a kayak tour and spent some time at the beach at the lagoon. Native Choice is very professional and will get you back in time to board the ship without cutting it close.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did you know its a 90 min bus ride to & from Bacalar Fort? Not much scenery on the way.

I’ve not been to the fort, but the resort Native Choice goes to on Bacalar Lagoon is approximately 45-50 min from the port. They have timetables for each tour on their website.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums