Question about Carnival Conquest

Beachgirl676

I'll be sailing this ship in May and saw that we don't leave port til 9 pm on embarkation day. Is this true? I've been on 3 cruises and always left at 4 so this is new to me. Does anyone know what time they will allow us to start boarding the ship?? Also any tips or comments you have about this ship are appreciated[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'll be sailing this ship in May and saw that we don't leave port til 9 pm on embarkation day. Is this true? I've been on 3 cruises and always left at 4 so this is new to me. Does anyone know what time they will allow us to start boarding the ship?? Also any tips or comments you have about this ship are appreciated[emoji4]

Is this the first time the ship will be sailing from this port? What port btw? If so might be coming in late from elsewhere.

We are back on the Conquest in October happy if finally got a serenity deck.

Is this the first time the ship will be sailing from this port? What port btw? If so might be coming in late from elsewhere.

We are back on the Conquest in October happy if finally got a serenity deck.

That' date=' I'm not sure. It's from Miami port sorry forgot to mention. This will be my first time on the Conquest, Even though it's far away I cannot contain my excitement!! Thanks for your reply I hope you have a great cruise!!

I think the last April Conquest cruise is in FLL, so if the OP is sailing on the 1st May cruise, the ship has to re-position itself to Miami. Hence the odd departure time.

Ahhh okay I see what you're saying that makes sense. I'll be on the May 5th sailing so yes you're correct. Just wondering what time they will actually allow us to start boarding the ship in this case. Thanks for your reply!

Ahhh okay I see what you're saying that makes sense. I'll be on the May 5th sailing so yes you're correct. Just wondering what time they will actually allow us to start boarding the ship in this case. Thanks for your reply!

It will just depend on how fast they can get all the passengers off the ship that morning in FLL, then transit the short distance to MIA.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Forums mobile app

Would guess 3 pm or so but could be later.

Have you been on any other ships of this class? There are 5 and very similar.

Would guess 3 pm or so but could be later.

Have you been on any other ships of this class? There are 5 and very similar.

Hmmm I always fly in a day ahead so wondering how this is going to all plan out when I have to be checked out of my hotel by 11[emoji848] should be interesting.... I haven't been on this class of ships yet. This is a first my husband and I started small royal Caribbean empress of the seas' date=' and carnival Sensation. Now we're moving on up to the bigger ships!! We definitely enjoy Carnival more than RC. We have become cruise addicted as they say, every year we made a tradition out of trying a new ship! Excited to cruise the Conquest and everything she has to offer

Boarding should be in the morning like San Juan, even if they have a 10pm departure, you still can board at 11:30

The ship doesn't have to leave port and can start boarding right after the last person is off the ship. In this case the ship has to be emptied and then moved. Doubtful even wedding parties will be onboard anytime before 1-2pm

We cruised the Victory many years ago from San Juan and loved the 10pm departure. If you can stay up that late from all the days excitement, it is a beautiful sight to see the ship leaving port at night. Another thing I like about a late departure is you can check in and drop your bags with the porter, eat lunch and then get off the ship to explore the area. When we had a 10pm departure, we were able to check out of our hotel at 11 and drop our bags off at the ship immediately. Even if you can’t board for a few hours after that, you can still enjoy the port city until you are allowed on the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums