Royal Princess Cabin D727 Question

CORealtor

I am booked on the Royal Princess for April 2019 and am in cabin D727. My son and his wife are currently booked in D729. Unfortunately, the balcony wall between the two cabins is steel, but from pictures posted on different sites, it looks like the balcony wall between D727 and D725 can be opened. I called Princess to confirm, and they said that that is also a steel wall and the balconies do not join. Has anyone stayed in D727, and if so, can you tell me if the balconies doors can be opened between D727 and D725? Thank you for your help!

I can confirm that they do not open between D727 and D729 (we were in the former an d my DB and SIL were in the latter in December 2013). I don't think there was a door connecting with the balcony of D725 but cannot be positive, D727's balcony is massive but we couldn't use it at all due to soot. I do think that problem has been solved to a great degree in the meantime.

So this is the door that separates the D727 and D725, which looks like it should open, but Princess says it does not. I have never posted a picture, so hopefully it comes across.

img_2030.jpg?w=640

This doesn't look like any balcony door I've ever seen (and we frequently cruise with family and open all our doors). The balcony doors that open are full height; notice that the crossbar on this wall is at rail height.