Booking One Way Trip With EZAir?

lx200gps

I'm sorting through options for flights for next April to LAX. I have Flexible flights booked with EZAir, but they aren't that great, particularly on the trip down. I checked for Frequent Flyer flights and I found a good flight down, but not back.

Ideally, I would like book the one leg on points, and do the other leg via EZAir with a Flexible fare, but it appears that there is no way to book one way with EZAir. Is it possible perhaps by calling Princess, or are one way trips not possible?

Thanks in advance.

Yes it is possible to book one way air. You will need to cancel your return air first and start again. When you do, in the “Search for Flights” screen you must choose your flight options and it will allow you to choose one way, either the outbound or the return.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes it is possible to book one way air. You will need to cancel your return air first and start again. When you do, in the “Search for Flights” screen you must choose your flight options and it will allow you to choose one way, either the outbound or the return.

Thanks for the clarification. That's why I couldn't find the option. I was looking under the existing booking, Change/Modify Flights which does not allow changes from return to one-way. I didn't realize I had to cancel and restart. When I try it with another one of our bookings, the option to choose "Direction", "Departure" and/or "Return", does show up.

Thanks for the clarification. That's why I couldn't find the option. I was looking under the existing booking, Change/Modify Flights which does not allow changes from return to one-way. I didn't realize I had to cancel and restart. When I try it with another one of our bookings, the option to choose "Direction", "Departure" and/or "Return", does show up.

You’re welcome. As an FYI, I recently booked flexible one way air YVR-LAX and I got business class on Air Canada for less than on the Air Canada site.

Plus I don’t have to pay until final payment. Check it out, you may decide the upgrade is worth it, especially with the airline’s new increased baggage fees and seat reservation fees.

Before you cancel your existing booking, check the EZAir pricing for the one way flight by searching for your cruise and doing a mock booking on the air tab. Or if you have it under your "saved cruises", you can check it there. The fares shown should be exactly what you would have gotten by reserving it under your actual booking. Fares can and do change frequently, but this will at least give you an idea of what the cost would be for the option you wish to book. Sometimes the one way fares can be almost as expensive as round trip, so it's best to check first.

Before you cancel your existing booking, check the EZAir pricing for the one way flight by searching for your cruise and doing a mock booking on the air tab. Or if you have it under your "saved cruises", you can check it there. The fares shown should be exactly what you would have gotten by reserving it under your actual booking. Fares can and do change frequently, but this will at least give you an idea of what the cost would be for the option you wish to book. Sometimes the one way fares can be almost as expensive as round trip, so it's best to check first.

Thanks a bunch, that's one option I was not aware of. For some reason, I had the mistaken impression that EZAir fares were not available until you had a formal booking. And you're right of course, I didn't want to cancel a booking to have to search for alternatives.

WestJet is often cheaper with EZ Air vs. booking through their site too.

They certainly are, in fact Westjet (via a codeshare with Delta) is who we are currently booked with. The same flights with Delta, on Westjet aircraft, were much cheaper than going with Westjet directly, or with Westjet booked via EZAir. Unfortunately, I will almost certainly be canceling this booking, as multiple calls to Princess, Delta and Westjet all confirm that I can't select seats until we ticket and pay, thereby turning our Flexible fare into Restricted.. Since selecting decent seats in advance is very important to us, I will have to go with a US airline that allows it, such as American or Delta. From what I can tell, Air Canada also will not allow seat selection until ticketed.

Air Canada will charge for assigning seats more than 24 hours in advance of the flight. So if you care where you will sit, you'll increase the cost of the flight by $25-45 in each direction! Of course there are also luggage charges, etc. We just used them thru EZ Air.

If the cost of 2 one way flights is the same as a round trip, we always book as 2 one ways. This gives us more flexibility if prices go down on one or both flights.

]Air Canada will charge for assigning seats more than 24 hours in advance of the flight.[/color] So if you care where you will sit' date=' you'll increase the cost of the flight by $25-45 in each direction! Of course there are also luggage charges, etc. We just used them thru EZ Air.

If the cost of 2 one way flights is the same as a round trip, we always book as 2 one ways. This gives us more flexibility if prices go down on one or both flights.[/quote']

I've flown Air Canada all over the world for decades, mostly business, occasionally vacation, almost always in Business Class. When we book seats directly with them, or through Aeroplan, (though not through EZAIR) they assign seats automatically when you book, from the back forward for free. IOW, if you're OK with the horrible seats they assign, then they charge nothing. If you want to get decent seats, THEN you pay. That's our usual routine when booking Aeroplan reward seats which is our usual way to fly. We book early, they sit us next to the toilets for free, then I have to pay $$$s to get decent seats farther forward. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, when you book Air Canada through EZAir, there doesn't seem to be any option to select seats in advance, even if we are prepared to pay for the "privilege", which we are. With AC via EZAir, it seems we have to ticket and pay and go Restricted to choose our seats. Also, for our intended trip next April, Air Canada is $250/PP more expensive than Delta, United, or American, though they ARE the only ones offering direct flights to and from LAX.

From what folks are saying though, it looks like doing two separate one-way bookings, out through FF points and home via EZAir may give us the best results. Thanks for the expert advice. The more I see of EZAir, the more I like :)

I've flown Air Canada all over the world for decades, mostly business, occasionally vacation, almost always in Business Class. When we book seats directly with them, or through Aeroplan, (though not through EZAIR) they assign seats automatically when you book, from the back forward for free. IOW, if you're OK with the horrible seats they assign, then they charge nothing. If you want to get decent seats, THEN you pay. That's our usual routine when booking Aeroplan reward seats which is our usual way to fly. We book early, they sit us next to the toilets for free, then I have to pay $$$s to get decent seats farther forward. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, when you book Air Canada through EZAir, there doesn't seem to be any option to select seats in advance, even if we are prepared to pay for the "privilege", which we are. With AC via EZAir, it seems we have to ticket and pay and go Restricted to choose our seats. Also, for our intended trip next April, Air Canada is $250/PP more expensive than Delta, United, or American, though they ARE the only ones offering direct flights to and from LAX.

From what folks are saying though, it looks like doing two separate one-way bookings, out through FF points and home via EZAir may give us the best results. Thanks for the expert advice. The more I see of EZAir, the more I like :)

Interesting as my comments are based on our Air Canada flights from LAX to Vancouver in August, 2018. We had the option of several different airlines offering direct flights--it might be that the airlines haven't released their direct flights to EZ Air yet. I certainly wouldn't book a restricted fare 8 months in advance, I'd keep it flexible and watch what else is offered as the trip nears.

I booked with EZAir air - one way - yvr to Rome and then booked return flight Barcelona to YVR with points. Easy peasy. I monitored the EZ air flights and they did decrease about 2 months after I booked (6 months before departure) flights are with British Air and would have cost me 3x the price on their website. There were Plenty of options too.

For travel to Europe ez air seemed like great value

But I do have one question.... at what point to you get to choose first or business class? I never have seeen that option.

Right at the start, in the "Search For Flights" window is a pull-down menu showing Economy, Premium Economy, Business and First

But I do have one question.... at what point to you get to choose first or business class? I never have seeen that option.

Are you selecting Business or First in the drop down and just no flights show available or just restricted?

I think it may depend a lot on a variety of factors. Your destination, What flights Princess has actually negotiated Business or First and that Business or First are offered on the city pair.

For the best opportunity I would book when EZ air opens for your cruise (about 330 days out) If the fare goes down you can always cancel and re-book as long as you book Flexible up to 45 days out.

I am flying one way LAX to Barcelona. I see many Business choices (I have not actually ever looked at First) I have a great Business fare and YES! EZ air is a great value I think especially for International.

I booked with EZAir air - one way - yvr to Rome and then booked return flight Barcelona to YVR with points. Easy peasy. I monitored the EZ air flights and they did decrease about 2 months after I booked (6 months before departure) flights are with British Air and would have cost me 3x the price on their website. There were Plenty of options too.

For travel to Europe ez air seemed like great value

I'm still trying to sort out our LA trip for next April, but our next trip after that is a trip on the Sky out of Civitavecchia in November 2019. I'm dying to see what EZAir has to offer, but we're still way outside the 330 day window, so I won't be able to check prices until after Christmas. I certainly have heard good things about EZAir prices to Europe from the US, hopefully prices from Canada are also good. Worst case, it's a short drive for us down to Boston :)

Air Canada will charge for assigning seats more than 24 hours in advance of the flight. So if you care where you will sit' date=' you'll increase the cost of the flight by $25-45 in each direction! Of course there are also luggage charges, etc. We just used them thru EZ Air.

[/color']

If the cost of 2 one way flights is the same as a round trip, we always book as 2 one ways. This gives us more flexibility if prices go down on one or both flights.

Can I assume that when you booked Air Canada with EZAir, either you didn't select seats, or you asked to be ticketed immediately and then selected seats?

I just re-booked our EZAir flight this AM after a direct Air Canada flight popped up as available at an amazing price. When I clicked on the "Request Seats" button, the AC seat map came up, with all seats unselectable, and marked as "Premium, Call Airline". I assumed this was only because I have to pay to book seats in advance with Air Canada. When I called AC, I was told that NO, seats cannot be selected in advance unless the tickets are issued. So, just as with Westjet, I can't preselect seats with AC unless I want to lock myself in with a Restricted fare and then have to pay for any changes later on.

I certainly have heard good things about EZAir prices to Europe from the US, hopefully prices from Canada are also good. Worst case, it's a short drive for us down to Boston :)

I got a great price for flexible air YVR-LHR O/W in Premium Economy on Air Canada this past May. It was about $200 cheaper than booking direct with AC and I called the airline and they assigned seats as soon as I had booked it, even though it wasn't ticketed. I assume that's because it was Premium Economy and not Economy.

I got a great price for flexible air YVR-LHR O/W in Premium Economy on Air Canada this past May. It was about $200 cheaper than booking direct with AC and I called the airline and they assigned seats as soon as I had booked it, even though it wasn't ticketed. I assume that's because it was Premium Economy and not Economy.

I suspect you're exactly right, it's because of the class of ticket. Both Princess and Air Canada reps agreed that for mere cattle-class tickets, advance seat selection is not available. The Princess rep did tell me that Delta, United and American all allow pre-selection of seats without ticketing.

BTW, how was the selection of flights for the trip to Heathrow when you booked? Were there any cheaper options available, say with US or European airlines? In my experience, Air Canada is often far more expensive, at least for trips to the US.