Venice - Embarkation Time

scotlady

Hi,

Trying to figure out logistics for our luggage, as we will be staying the night before on Murano.

The day of the cruise, we plan to walk around St. Mark's Square area for a while before boarding, but of course there is the question of what to do with the luggage.

Official embarkation time is 2 pm - how is Silversea and/or Venice for getting on earlier?

Some cruises we have been on will collect luggage earlier than the actual embarkation time.

Does anyone have experience with this?

I sailed out of Venice in July and boarded the ship around 11:30ish...I am quite sure there were already guests on board.

I stayed at the Bauer Palazzo and SS has a private water taxi from that hotel to the ship:D...there were 3 other couples and me.

I had been in Venice for 2 days so once I got on board I stayed there:)

Hope all of you have a great cruise:):)

Thanks for the answers. We have checked out luggage storage near St. Mark's Square - seems to be plentiful and cheap, but it would just be simpler to be able to drop off the luggage early - hopefully we can.

See you on board, Cruisecat!

We arrived this morning and spent the day trying to beat jetlag. Not doing so well. SO MANY PEOPLE!!!

Calling it an early night as we have tours tomorrow.

Hi, sorry you are having bad jet lag......hopefully you will feel better tomorrow.

As for the amount of people? It is still summertime and lots of people are vacationing. I was in Venice in July and it was quite crowded then too.

Hi, sorry you are having bad jet lag......hopefully you will feel better tomorrow.

As for the amount of people? It is still summertime and lots of people are vacationing. I was in Venice in July and it was quite crowded then too.

It was much better today. We forced ourselves to stay up yesterday, and it paid off with a good night of sleep. We hit the sights early today. We had bought skip the line tickets for everything, and it was so worth it. No wait for anything. We even managed to time our Vapparetto ride to see the Whisper come into port and dock!