Coral World-St Thomas Turtle Encounter

NCLGirl2013

Hello! We are cruising with NCL on 10-14. I really want to do the Turtle Encounter at Coral World during our stop in St Thomas .I don't see this as an option in my Shore Excursions on NCL.com .Has anyone done this? If so, did you use a third party?

Also, is part of Coral World still closed from the hurricanes? As in the juvenile shark exhibit?

Hi we did Coral World on our Feb. cruise. Parts were closed but the turtles, aquarium, parrots and sting rays sections were open. As was the gift shop. We took an excursion through Princess then. It was very interesting and I appreciated their respect for "sheltering" the animals and not "farming" them. You would be OK to take a cab and go there direct.

we have gone to Coral World a couple of times. We have not done the turtle encounter. We just take a taxi and pay to get in. We have walked over the beach next to it to enjoy the sun and water. Here is a link to Coral World https://coralworldvi.com/

Could you tell me how long the taxi ride is? Approximately of course......this looks like something fun as we have done most of the other stuff in St. Thomas. Just trying to figure out a time to book the turtle thing and insure that my husband does not freak out in order to get back to the ship in time....Funny thing is that he used to be the LAST one on the ship! Guess now that we are older, he doesn't trust his legs being capable of RUNNING!

Could you tell me how long the taxi ride is? Approximately of course......this looks like something fun as we have done most of the other stuff in St. Thomas. Just trying to figure out a time to book the turtle thing and insure that my husband does not freak out in order to get back to the ship in time....Funny thing is that he used to be the LAST one on the ship! Guess now that we are older, he doesn't trust his legs being capable of RUNNING!

Taxi ride took approximately 20 minutes if I remember correctly. The price was 8 pp going and 9 pp coming back. Taxis are readily available at Coki Beach which is right next to Corral World