Live Blog! – B2B2B Seward to Japan – Millennium 2018– Join us for our next adventure

Jim_Iain

My father and grandfather, both in the navy, were stationed together in Nagasaki during the Korean Conflict. I'm looking forward to your thoughts and photos... :)

Will do. My father was stationed in Yokosuka after the end of WW11.

Came across this picture of him there

def51813251223d3b993e6f5800e2b9c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 1

Quiet day at sea again. The seas were a little rough overnight but as Kong-rey moves out of the area the seas are flattening out again.

I've been hearing of a number of upset passengers. One was screaming at the Customer Service Representative insisting that they dock and fly her back to Tokyo. Needless to day she didn't get anywhere.

In a letter from Captain Alex it is indicated we will be receiving a future cruise travel certificate at a rate of one day cruise fare. It is being sent to your travel agent.

As a relatively new Celebrity cruiser, I have been enjoying following your blog. Your trip is my dream itinerary, so everything has been fascinating, especially your gorgeous pictures. Thank you so much!

Living in New England, I am well aware of the uncertainty of cruising in hurricane season, and it looks like the Pacific in late summer/ early fall has its challenges! What are the odds of getting two typhoons?

Thanks again, and may the rest of the cruise be less stormy!

As a relatively new Celebrity cruiser, I have been enjoying following your blog. Your trip is my dream itinerary, so everything has been fascinating, especially your gorgeous pictures. Thank you so much!

Living in New England, I am well aware of the uncertainty of cruising in hurricane season, and it looks like the Pacific in late summer/ early fall has its challenges! What are the odds of getting two typhoons?

Thanks again, and may the rest of the cruise be less stormy!

Thanks for following along and I am sure your travels will be less challenging with weather than ours. Good news is the seas are calm and the skies clear early this morning.

Really been enjoying your reports as We Will be boarding the ship this coming Saturday.

Thanks for all the helpful tips.

Looking forward to this Most Excellent Adventure.

You should have a wonderful time. It will be interesting - Millennium will be in Yokohama for 3 days. Our cruise ends with an overnight there and yours starts with an overnight in Yokohama.

I would like to add my thanks to you for your wonderful blog which I have followed from the start. Wonderful photos and also SO useful as we are embarking at Yokohama on Saturday. Glad to hear that we should have better weather than you did.

A few years back we did a week on a smallish ship in the Western Med in the throws of a nearby cyclone. At the first port after embarkation at Rome 34 passengers got off never to be seen again! We are made of sterner stuff but I would still prefer calm seas and sunshine.

It will be hard for you to return to life on land after such a fantastic experience. Envy you the whales.

All numbers have been called for immigration by 8:45. We are going ashore around 10:00

I cancelled our tour due to change in schedule as they were unable to change to today. I think we are just going to do a hop on hop off visit.

a941ab148eaed9a407f8a08e08803e7a.jpg

b76053c2ebd2c699b8c77cf5364fef96.jpg

fa8796e6f014b8e7a035813bc53bc4eb.jpg

The port of Busan had a free shuttle from the port into Busan dropping us off in front of the Busan International Film Festival. The trip takes approximately 15 minutes and was handled efficiently.

We found an ATM that would accept our credit card and got some local currency. We found a tourist office which were very helpful in finding out about the Hop on Hop Off Bus. All the signs said that it did not operate on Monday's but she let us know that it was operating because our ship was in port.

We purchased tickets for 13,000 Yun (approx. $13) on the bus and set off on our 2 1/2 hour comprehensive trip around Busan. The temperatures were a perfect 75 degrees and not a cloud to be found.

The port of Busan had a free shuttle from the port into Busan dropping us off in front of the Busan International Film Festival. The trip takes approximately 15 minutes and was handled efficiently.

We found an ATM that would accept our credit card and got some local currency. We found a tourist office which were very helpful in finding out about the Hop on Hop Off Bus. All the signs said that it did not operate on Monday's but she let us know that it was operating because our ship was in port.

We purchased tickets for 13,000 Yun (approx. $13) on the bus and set off on our 2 1/2 hour comprehensive trip around Busan. The temperatures were a perfect 75 degrees and not a cloud to be found.

Thanks soooo much for all your info and the amazing photos. I can't wait to see what you've posted each day. So glad you've got nice weather. Looking forward to our trip on the Millennium in Japan next April.

Thank you for your travel blogs, really very helpful as we are on the oct 13 cruise. Can you let me know if the hop on and hop off is a good way to see Busan.

Thanks

Thank you for your travel blogs, really very helpful as we are on the oct 13 cruise. Can you let me know if the hop on and hop off is a good way to see Busan.

Thanks

The hop on hop off bus to a perfect way to see Busan. They narrate in English as well as Korean. The full route takes 2 1/2 hours without getting off. It passes every sight and if you choose you can get off and enjoy a mini ch longer day.

It went to all the sights that were on the Celebrity tours.

Thanks soooo much for all your info and the amazing photos. I can't wait to see what you've posted each day. So glad you've got nice weather. Looking forward to our trip on the Millennium in Japan next April.

We have loved the cruise and enjoyed the cruise. We ended up with more sea days ten planned but really enjoying the cruise.

Thank you, we will do just that.

Enjoy the rest of the cruise.

The hop on hop off bus to a perfect way to see Busan. They narrate in English as well as Korean. The full route takes 2 1/2 hours without getting off. It passes every sight and if you choose you can get off and enjoy a mini ch longer day.

It went to all the sights that were on the Celebrity tours.