Iona Itineraries

I think if they had to go to Norway for the fuel they could have varied the itineraries slightly. I would like to go but we are doing the same cruise in 2019. I'm mulling at the moment.

By the way the maiden is now sold out so you did well to get in quick.

How can the maiden be sold out when it only goes on sale for the upper tiers on Monday or so I believe?

Thank you Josy ...you answered my question.

Edited by Balernocalling
new information found

One thing about the maiden that confuses me is why it is 9 nights when every other similar cruise is 7 nights. Two sea days to Stavanger and two sea days back from Bergen on the maiden and only one on subsequent cruises. More time to enjoy life onboard though.

One thing about the maiden that confuses me is why it is 9 nights when every other similar cruise is 7 nights. Two sea days to Stavanger and two sea days back from Bergen on the maiden and only one on subsequent cruises. More time to enjoy life onboard though.

Yes, bit of an odd one that. There are a couple of slight differences. It does drop off at Hellesylt on the way to Geiranger and we do get an evening in Bergen, but that doesn’t account for 2 whole days. I can only assume that they will cruise at very low speed throughout (hoping that we will all post how smooth she is ;)) and may lay on some extra special things during the first 2 sea days, but that might just be wishful thinking! We intend to use the time working our way around all the Select Dining restaurants!

Spoken to my TA in the last hour regarding Iona maiden cruise and it isnt sold out. We can book on Monday so have to decide whether to pre register or wait for my preferred Cunard 2020 programme. Was told by TA one thing is for certain that as soon as it goes on general sale "fluid pricing" will kick in and prices will definitely increase for those not pre registered.

Spoken to my TA in the last hour regarding Iona maiden cruise and it isnt sold out. We can book on Monday so have to decide whether to pre register or wait for my preferred Cunard 2020 programme. Was told by TA one thing is for certain that as soon as it goes on general sale "fluid pricing" will kick in and prices will definitely increase for those not pre registered.

It’s currently showing as availability for sea view (outside) and inside cabins, but balconies and above are all sold out. As the latter forms the majority of the cabins, I should think that it’s likely to have extremely limited availability, if any, by next week, especially as P&O have issued a press release stating that pre registrations on Iona are running at double the level of pre registrations when Britannia first went on sale. The comment about fluid pricing kicking after pre-reg seems to be fairly consistent, but I guess is only relevant if there is still availability. Maiden cruise aside, given the vast capacity that they need to fill on Iona with essentially just one Cruise repeated over and over again, I would be surprised if prices go up next week, but I suppose it’s anybodys guess given that this launch feels a little different to previous ones.

All cabins are showing available for pre-reg when I look, not that I'm interested in going on her. all the cruises are available for pre-reg?

It’s confusing, as all cabin types are shown with a price for the maiden, implying availability, but if you progress a real or dummy booking you find that all balcony cabins and above are sold out. Just checked again and still the same.

It’s confusing, as all cabin types are shown with a price for the maiden, implying availability, but if you progress a real or dummy booking you find that all balcony cabins and above are sold out. Just checked again and still the same.

It is not full, yet. P&O’s allocation of cabins are full perhaps but if you are Caribbean or above you will still get on if you get in before Monday. The general sales will see it full on Wednesday very early I suspect.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, bit of an odd one that. There are a couple of slight differences. It does drop off at Hellesylt on the way to Geiranger and we do get an evening in Bergen, but that doesn’t account for 2 whole days. I can only assume that they will cruise at very low speed throughout (hoping that we will all post how smooth she is ;)) and may lay on some extra special things during the first 2 sea days, but that might just be wishful thinking! We intend to use the time working our way around all the Select Dining restaurants!

When you board you'll see a big sign hanging over the side: "Running in. Please pass."

To be serious, it might well be that they don't want to have to stress the engines too much on her first outing.

It is rather strange that the maiden is 9 nights when the only difference is an evening in port in Bergen. Maybe they have made it longer in case they need to delay it by 48 hours if it isn't finished ;). Seriously though, maybe they thought a maiden should be longer than 7 nights?

It is rather strange that the maiden is 9 nights when the only difference is an evening in port in Bergen. Maybe they have made it longer in case they need to delay it by 48 hours if it isn't finished ;). Seriously though, maybe they thought a maiden should be longer than 7 nights?

They seem to be allowing an extra day both ways to cross the North Sea. Perhaps for scenic cruising past oil rigs. I don’t suppose anybody will mind the two extra sea days on a new ship with lots to do.

Best wishes, Stephen.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They seem to be allowing an extra day both ways to cross the North Sea. Perhaps for scenic cruising past oil rigs. I don’t suppose anybody will mind the two extra sea days on a new ship with lots to do.

Best wishes, Stephen.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I know that I am sad (before anyone says), but I quite enjoy passing all the oil rigs, gas platforms and huge wind farms that you see when heading North. I'd far rather have something to look at than miles of nothingness!