Can you tell a difference in ship size - Legend vs. Victory?

JodiV1234

Hi Everyone

I've been on one cruise before, The Victory and absolutely loved it! I'm going on the Legend this April to the Western Caribbean with a bunch of frineds who have never cruised. I want them to get the full boat experience. I've been hearing that the Legend is substantially smaller then the Victory. Is it really noticeable or not?

appreciate any input from people who have cruised on both.

thanks!

Jodi

In terms of usable space? No. I found more on the smaller ship. I like the layout of the Spirit class better. Two full decks of promenade, three pools on the lido, and no stadium seating around any of them!

The only thing I found "noticeably different" was that Legend felt no where near as crowded as Victory felt. Legend is still a very good sized ship, but its layout is much more user friendly. We are looking forward to giving Valor a try in February, but that is mainly because we wanted to do an eastern with a Bahamas stop this year. Hopefully we will be heading back to Legend soon. So far she has been our favorite ship.

We've been on the Victory twice and the Legend twice and really enjoyed both. Both are beautiful ships, though the Legend is definitely more elegant. She may be smaller, but she's still got all the amenities, is easier to find your way around on and really feels more upscale than the Victory to me. The Legend is one of my favorite ships of all, probably why I'm going on her for the third time in 18 days - Wahoo!!!!:D

HAving sailed the Victory and the LEgend I can say the Legend is more easily to get around. I enjoyed the LEgend so much we booked the Miracle soon after. (I prefer the Spirit class to the Victory)

The Spirit Class ships are the perfect size. IMHO, here are things that make Spirit Class ships better than Conquest ships:

1. Spirit Class has one main restaurant, therefore making it possible to get from bow to stern on any deck.

2. Pool areas on Spirit are much better. The decks aren't set up like a freakin' sports arena.

3. Entertainment is on two decks, versus one.

4. The atrium beneath the red glass in front of the stack is beautiful and, once you get over the vertigo, the clear stairs to the supper club are awesome.

The Conquest Class ships are very nice, but the Spirit Class has them beat in my book.

You'll love the Legend!

I forgot...

The enclosed forward promenade area on deck 3 on Spirit ships is also a great little spot. I think it's called the Enchanted Forest on the Legend.

The Starboard side is the best spot, as the port side is where the spiral staircase takes kids from the arcade above.

I love the portholes and the comfy chairs and tables. It's a nice place to chat.

Enjoy!

Archived