Uber/Lyft from POM

cruisincha

At ft Lauderdale Airport there are Rideshare signs pointing to pullout areas but I do not recall seeing the same at Miami Airport.

The idea is to wait outside the door at arrivals Level 1 and tell your driver your terminal letter D to J for domestic and door number. That worked for me.

At any airport I always pick a door with fewer people milling about.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by SteerageJoe

I've never had an issue with identifying my Uber driver (you get the car make and license #) or my driver identifying me. Some call or text to confirm location.

Open up both apps and see who has drivers more readily available and if one has surge pricing in effect. Many of the drivers here work for both Uber and Lyft and accept the first ride offered.

They are readily available at the ports and airport; because of the uncertainty with flights and ship returns (customs/immigration, luggage delays, etc.) I would not book ahead. Never had to wait more than about 5 min.

I've never had an issue with identifying my Uber driver (you get the car make and license #) or my driver identifying me. Some call or text to confirm location.

Open up both apps and see who has drivers more readily available and if one has surge pricing in effect. Many of the drivers here work for both Uber and Lyft and accept the first ride offered.

This answers my question on another thread. Are the rates more or less the same?

TIA