New to Marella. Help please

I'm looking to book a cruise on Discovery but when I book online I can only book a generic balcony cabin. If I want to pick my cabin I need to pay £48. That’s fair enough but it seems as if by then I’ve paid the whole deposit. My query is, what if when I go to book a particular cabin, there are only the ones in a rubbish position left? Is it any different booking in a tui travel shop, do they have access to what cabins are available before you pay? Thanks in anticipation of some assistance 🤞

I book on line but at the payment page I ring the number to book a cabin I ask them to do a dummy booking to check available cabins and if one I want is free I complete the booking and give the operator the ref no (An email confirms the booking) They then book my cabin and add the £48 and send me a new confirmation with my cabin no on and the £48 I've done this many times without a problem

I book on line but at the payment page I ring the number to book a cabin I ask them to do a dummy booking to check available cabins and if one I want is free I complete the booking and give the operator the ref no (An email confirms the booking) They then book my cabin and add the £48 and send me a new confirmation with my cabin no on and the £48 I've done this many times without a problem

What a good idea.:cool:

If you use a shop (which we do as it’s easier) do a dummy booking before you get there and take a screenshot of the price page. Then if the shop price is more show them the price and they can do a dummy booking themselves (either on their computer or your phone) and if it’s still at the same lower price they will price match for an admin fee. That way they can check the rooms for you and save you having to call that expensive room booking number!