Pool temperature on Emerald

Loreni

For those who have sailed recently on Emerald, do you recall the pool temperatures. I am especially interested in the temperature of the lotus spa pool with the swim against the current feature.

Also, how is the chlorine level?

The Lotus spa pool is a small outdoor pool near the Gym area on deck 16. It is not the same on the new ships like the Royal Princess. There are 2 spas on each side of it. The Lotus spa on this ship is very small area and very over priced. Only 5 heat beds and 2 showers and 3 rooms 1. Bob. Note: Save your money. $149 P.P. or $ 250 for two for a week. They do play pricing games on every cruise!

The Lotus spa pool is a small outdoor pool near the Gym area on deck 16. It is not the same on the new ships like the Royal Princess. There are 2 spas on each side of it. The Lotus spa on this ship is very small area and very over priced. Only 5 heat beds and 2 showers and 3 rooms 1. Bob. Note: Save your money. $149 P.P. or $ 250 for two for a week. They do play pricing games on every cruise!

What does this have to do with the question about the pool temperature?

The Thermal Suite , which is what you're referencing, has zippo, nothing, nada to do with the Lotus Spa pool. The police is free and open to ant over 18.

Royal class ships don't have a Lotus Spa pool at all, nor a Thermal Suite. They do have the Enclave, which is something different, perhaps could be considered next iteration of Thermal Suite I suppose..

Again though - what does this have to do with the OPs question? Nothing actually... Lol..

Thank you both for answering anyway. I still enjoyed reading them and I learned some things.

My favorite pool is the "Lotus spa" pool on any ship that has it.

As noted above, it has nothing to do with the Lotus spa other than being near it. It also has nothing to do with the Sanctuary other than being near it.

It's free, (usually) under utilized because many think it's part of the spa or the sanctuary. The temperature of the pool is usually on the cool side, warmish, but not real warm. The hot tubs can feel boiling hot or just super warm. And the loungers are suite quality.

The "swim against the current" is almost always turned off. I've heard several stories which may or may not be true. The most common consensus is that it's a legal/safety issue.

My favorite pool is the "Lotus spa" pool on any ship that has it.

As noted above, it has nothing to do with the Lotus spa other than being near it. It also has nothing to do with the Sanctuary other than being near it.

It's free, (usually) under utilized because many think it's part of the spa or the sanctuary. The temperature of the pool is usually on the cool side, warmish, but not real warm. The hot tubs can feel boiling hot or just super warm. And the loungers are suite quality.

The "swim against the current" is almost always turned off. I've heard several stories which may or may not be true. The most common consensus is that it's a legal/safety issue.

Thanks, JF.

I haven’t used the Lotus Pool in a while, but when I did, I had to turn on the current. Are you saying it can no longer be turned on. That is a shame, but if it was dangerous then it is for the best especially in the somewhat remote area.

I was hoping to be able to exercise there and that the water would be between 80 and 84 degrees, so I could keep my routine going. It is the best exercise I can do with arthritis. Sounds like it will still be good for a quick dip.

I wish Princess would have a therapy pool set at about 92 degrees. I have access to one at home and it is very helpful for arthritis. If the Lotus Pool is no longer swim against the current, then maybe they can raise the temperature.

Maybe this is the temperature of the Royal class enclave pool? I will start a separate thread to try to find out.