Special Needs Order Of Boarding

kenzie

To clarify things. If you are not wheelchair bound, although have limited mobility. It's in you best interest to just board the ship with everyone else, if you can? I am going on my first cruise next Spring on HOTS. I'm partially paralyzed on my right side, but I can walk. So through all the responses, I wanted to make sure I have the right answer.

To clarify things. If you are not wheelchair bound, although have limited mobility. It's in you best interest to just board the ship with everyone else, if you can? I am going on my first cruise next Spring on HOTS. I'm partially paralyzed on my right side, but I can walk. So through all the responses, I wanted to make sure I have the right answer.

I would ask for wheelchair assistance at the terminal on embarkation day. As from the entrance of the terminal to the ship is a long walk. Also don't forgot you will have our carry on bags with you.

We are due to sail HOS in January with my elderly father who will have a mobility scooter with him, do they board Special Needs as priority?

I use a cane and I am almost always allowed to board ahead of the crowd on several cruise lines at certain ports.I am not sure if it is policy though.

maybe, but I have begun seeing far more people demanding 'priority' due to all sorts of reasons, to the point where those of us who pay extra to get 'priority' often end up with the short end of the stick.

I just flew to Minneapolis last weekend and did so First class. Not counting the 21 Baby Squids who boarded our flight from Atlanta back to Pensacola( due the airlines policy of permitting AD to pre board and factoring in three major Navy installations, two of which are training commands) each flight had a minimum of 4-5 wheelchair pre boards. at least 3 families with strollers and one or two others who decided they needed 'extra time'

I used to BE the one in the wheelchair full time. so yes, I have in the past benefited from such policies, but as we as a nation get older, and more broken and classify every little thing as a disability, it is taking its toll and contributes to the attitude and eye rolling that goes on when they get special treatment.

especially since you also seem to have all those memes about "we just want to be treated normally." and that means.. no special front of the line access just because you are in a scooter/WC.

"Baby Squids" funny!... Last year on flights was surprised as they Boarded Priority, Military and Veterans first as one group. This before anyone that needed extra time, followed by small kids, then regular flyers. This on Allegiant. Always paid extra for Priority and Exit window, save money now and don't get Priority as no longer needed...

maybe, but I have begun seeing far more people demanding 'priority' due to all sorts of reasons, to the point where those of us who pay extra to get 'priority' often end up with the short end of the stick.

I just flew to Minneapolis last weekend and did so First class. Not counting the 21 Baby Squids who boarded our flight from Atlanta back to Pensacola( due the airlines policy of permitting AD to pre board and factoring in three major Navy installations, two of which are training commands) each flight had a minimum of 4-5 wheelchair pre boards. at least 3 families with strollers and one or two others who decided they needed 'extra time'

And it is interesting to see how many wait for a wheelchair when getting OFF the flight.

It is amazing how many need a wheel chair and priority boarding when getting on, but are FINE with jumping up and running on the plane at the end of the flight.